Ross William Ulbricht is an American computer scientist who created Silk Road which was an online black market or better known as a darknet market.
Ulbricht came under the radar of the legal authorities in late 2013 and was convicted of charges like money laundering, computer hacking, etc, and was sentenced to a double life sentence without parole in May 2015.
Quick Facts: Who Is Ross William Ulbricht? Net Worth And Parents: Where Is He Now?
|Name||Ross William Ulbricht|
|Birthday||March 27, 1986|
|Parents||Lyn and Kirk Ulbricht|
|Siblings||Cally Ulbricht, Travis Ulbrich.|
|Net Worth||$28.5 Million|
|Education||University of Dallas, University of Pennsylvania|
Ross has been punished enough. @realDonaldTrump, please bring Ross home before his 8th Christmas in prison. https://t.co/iXgrBfV7Ni #FreeRoss2020 pic.twitter.com/BUOlTxLZLb
— ClemencyForRoss (@ClemencyForRoss) September 3, 2020
10 Facts about Ross William Ulbricht
- Ross was born on March 27, 1986, to Lyn and Kirk Ulbricht in Austin, Texas, United States.
- He has two siblings a younger sister and a younger brother; Cally Ulbricht, Travis Ulbricht.
- He attended West Ridge Middle School and Westlake High School and graduated from there in 2002. He completed his bachelor’s from the University of Dallas on a full scholarship in 2006 and his master’s from the University of Pennsylvania in 2009.
- There is currently no information about his height or weight measurements on the internet.
- Ulbricht started the site Silk Road in February of 2011. He took hid his name and used Dread Pirate Robert as an alias in order to remain anonymous.
- To prevent suspicion from others his site would take the charges from its users via BitCoin and hence he ran the operation smoothly for 2 years but slowly gained the attention of law authorities in mid-2013.
- His site had made $200 Million in revenues as found out by the FBI and Ross himself had made $28.5 Million during the time of his arrest.
- He had a girlfriend Julia Vie when he was a graduate at Pennsylvania and had just started working in building Silk Road, he later moved to San Fransisco to start the site.
- Ross was arrested by the FBI from Glen Park a branch of the San Fransisco public library in October 2013.
- Ross appealed to lift his life sentence twice, once in 2016 and 2017 but both failed. He is currently in the United States Penitentiary Tucson.