|Intro||French jazz pianist|
|Is|| Musician |
|Birth||26 February 1986, Montreuil, canton of Montreuil-2, arrondissement of Bobigny, Seine-Saint-Denis|
Tony Tixier is a French jazz pianist born in 1986.
Tony Tixier (born 26 February 1986, Montreuil, France). He was born in Montreuil and studied classical piano at the conservatory at age 6 and made his first stage appearance at the age of 7 years. He studied choral, classical harmony and counterpoint, writing and composition. He obtained his diploma 12 years of graduation (DFE) musical training with honors and his 14 years of classical piano DFE in class Pascal Gallet.
In 2009, Tony Tixier sign Parallel Worlds, his first album in septet with bold orchestral writing that defines itself as a laboratory of sounds and climates, perfectly illustrating his clear interest in orchestration and musical research.
In 2012, he joined the SpaceTime Record label for which he recorded the album with his American Dream Pursuit quartet with Justin Brown, Logan Richardson and Earl Burniss Travis. The album Dream Pursuit, is labeled “Revelation” by Jazz Magazine.
In 2012 Opening for Herbie Hancock at the Jazz En Tete Festival in Clermont-Ferrand with his twin brother violinist Scott Tixier
In 2013, he founded the chamber ensemble MooN Paradox for which he composed a Concertino for piano and string quintet in seven movements, mixing classical writing with jazz and contemporary music. In addition, he leads an intense concert activity in France and abroad.
In 2014, Tony Tixier and Scott Tixier are starring in a commissioned work by the Artist Janet Cardiff. They also improvising and composing the music, this project is part of the inaugural program for the Foundation Louis Vuitton Paris (building architect Frank Gehry)
in 2015, he begin to play at Radio City Music Hall on NBC Channel as the pianist for the TV show America’s Got Talent
- 2006 : Fall in flowers – Tony Tixier Trio
- 2007 : Electric’ Trane – Tony Tixier solo
- 2009 : Parallel Worlds – Tony Tixier septet
- 2012 : Dream Pursuit (Space Time Records) – Tony Tixier quartet
- 2007 : Roll the Dice (Yvonnick Prene Group)
- 2008 : As a Monkey (Donald Devienne Group)
- 2010 : Des mots détonent (JLS hip hop)
- 2011 : Roz Jeriko (Veronique Hermann Sambin)
- 2013 : “Hapalemur” (Renaud Gensane)
- 2013 : “Our Journey” (Hermon Mehari ‘Diverse’)
- 2014 : “Elements” (Joachim Govin)