Photography Laboratory Technologist
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 3 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
Nile University is seeking to engage highly competent and result-oriented individuals with strong personal and professional integrity to join a dynamic team within the Mass Communication Department.
To this end, suitable candidates are being identified to fill the position of:
1) Photography Laboratory Technologist (NUN-MCM-002)
The Mass Communication Department seeks to hire a suitable Photography Laboratory Technologist that will help process, develop and review films. Specifically, the Photography Laboratory Technologist will be charged with the following responsibilities:
- Select and setup appropriate props, backdrops and lighting.
- Train students on editing, producing, and preparing files and films for appropriate shoot and editing.
- Operates various, photography Laboratory equipment in other to process various types of film.
- Supervise and train students in the practical aspects of photography using both hardware and software.
- Operate studio equipment to help facilitate flow of programs.
- Operates cameras, lights and computer editing software.
- Processes photographic film and digital images, using a range of software and equipment like Adobe Lightroom Classic, Adobe Photoshop Elements, GIMP, Krita, Pinta, Darktable.
- Operates and troubleshoots photo lab hardware, software and equipment.
- Ensures proper handling of equipment in the photo lab.
- Performs Color correction, digital imaging, photo restoration, editing and enhancement using software like Photoshop CS.
- Perform daily and routine maintenance of the Photo Lab.
- Work with Canon digital SLR camera.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, experience, and attributes
- A bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication or any related discipline.
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- A minimum of (3) years’ experience in Photography, especially in the private sector.
- Membership of a certified professional body
- Adept user of Microsoft office programmes,
- Proficiency in the use of software and equipment like Adobe Lightroom Classic, Adobe Photoshop Elements, GIMP, Krita, Pinta, Darktable
- Ability to effectively operate the Canon digital SLR camera.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Time Management skills
- Notable attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.