Sahel Consulting Agriculture and Nutrition Limited (Sahel) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies, and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
The Internal Auditor will:
- Ensure the organization complies with internal regulations and established control protocol.
- Examine documentation, including reports, statements, records, and memos to gather information.
- Reconcile documentation with actual inventory or assets to ascertain accuracy.
- Analyze audit results to determine methods for increasing profits and decreasing unnecessary costs.
- Make recommendations for the best ways for a company to avoid fraud and reduce waste.
- Assess best financial practices for the organization and make relevant, informed suggestions.
- Keep up-to-date on audit procedures and regulations by attending conferences, workshops, and continuing education seminars
- Participate in industry organizations and develop a professional network.
- Work with the team to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Work extra hours during busy audit seasons or to meet certain milestones where required.
- Complete standard paperwork and questionnaires to confirm internal controls.
- Participate in meetings with individuals and departments to update auditees on findings and the audit process.
- Prepare reports and preserve documentation pertaining to audits for internal record.
- Present summarized findings concerning audit results and trends for internal groups.
Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, Accounting, Auditing
- Knowledge of Legal and Financial Systems.
- 4 years Experience.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Critical Thinking
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Interpersonal Communication.
- Ability to exhibit sound independent judgement.
- Documentation and Record Keeping
- Problem Solving
How to Apply
Interestd and qualified candidates should submit their CV to: [email protected] Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Note: Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications
Application Deadline 23rd April, 2021.