Communication & Social Media Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 – 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
Our client, a Not for Profit Organization which was set up in 2019 to provide a nation-wide Mentorship, Scholarship and Good-Citizenship Programme in Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
- Our client, a Not for Profit Organization which was set up in 2019 to provide a nation-wide Mentorship, Scholarship and Good-Citizenship Programme in Nigeria, is looking to add a dedicated Communication & Social Media Officer to their team.
- The communications officer will support the internal and external communications strategy, write, and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events.
- To succeed as a communications officer, you should be able to think creatively, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. A bachelor’s degree with experience as a communications officer or equivalent experience in a similar role is strongly desired.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Proficiency in design and publishing software.
- Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ relevant experience in a communications role.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop).
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes to: [email protected] using “the job title” as the subject of the mail.