NGOs are involved in activities such as environmental, social, advocacy and human rights work. They aim to promote social or political change on a broad scale or at the local level. Over the years, NGOs have played a critical role in developing society, improving communities, and promoting citizen participation.
Below are a list of NGOs in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, Nigeria
- Society For Family Health.
Situated at No 8 Port harcout Crescent, Off Gimbiya Street at Garki Area 11, Abuja Municipal.
Address: Plot 590, NAIC Building at 2nd Floor, After Bolingo Hotel, Central Area.
Phone: +234 9 2907868, 2347880-1; +234 9 2348482
- Civil Society Legislative Advocacy Center (CISLAC)
5 Mahathanama Ghandi Str. Off Shehu Shagari Way Area 11, Garki
- African Business Round Table
Address: Plot 586, Zone A0 at Central Area, Phase 2, Abuja
- African Centre for Development Research
Address: Suite BS107, Banex Plaza at Aminu Kano Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja
Phone: +234 9 4132905
- African Development Foundation (ADF)
No.50, Afri-Inrt House, Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama
Phone: +234 9 4135519; Fax: +234 9 4132309
- Centre for Community Empowerment for underprivileged
Suite CDS8 2nd Floor Harmonic Plaza at Mike Akhigbe Way, Jabi, Abuja
- Grace Center
2 Abdul Kadir Babaagba Str. Hillside Estate, Gwarinpa
- Women Solace & Enablement Foundation
- Challenged Children Foundation (CCF)
Address: 8/10 AP Mall: opposite Hilton Maitama, Abuja
- Center for Peace building and Socio Economic Resources Development
Located at Suite 3 Loire Crescent Corner shop, Off Limpopo Street at FHA Maitama, Abuja
- Ken Nnamani Centre for Leadership Development
1 Lundi Close, Off Missipi Str. Maitama.
- Agency for African Families in Distress (AAFID)
No.1 A Constitution Avenue Gaduwa Estate, Abuja
- Social Welfare Network Initiative
Plot 194 Adeotunbo Ademola Crescent, Wuse 2, Abuja
- Women In Africa For Aids Initative (Winaa)
The Women in Africa For Aids Initiative focuses on Women Empowerment
Address: 45b Ajose Adeogun Street,Utako, Abuja
- Amnesty International Nigeria
Amnesty International Nigeria was founded to conduct campaigns against human right violation and executions that are not in accordance with the law in the country and in the world as well.
Located at 0A Usuma Street, Off Gana Street, Maitama, Abuja FCT
- African Liberty and Hope Initiative (ALHI)
This is a non-governmental organization established so as to seek liberty and hope for those in need.
Located at Suite D76/78 Murge Shopping Mall, Awka Street, Area 10 Garki, Abuja FCT, Nigeria
Contact details: 0703 362 0081, 0708 682 0825, 0811 966 3310
- 4African Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF)
AYGF is a regional Non-Governmental Organization aimed at youth growth, development and empowerment.
Located at 15 Ndola Crescent, Wuse Zone 5, Abuja, FCT, Nigeria
Contact details: +234 (0)8069128653, (0)8057057143
- 6Arbitration And ADR In Africa
Located at 50, Julius Nyerere Crescent Asokoro, Abuja, FCT, Nigeria
Contact address : 09-8703344, 08037035989, +234-805-2128-456
- 7Bonum Seeds Foundation
Bonum Seeds Foundation ( BSF) works for the promotion of life, homes and provides empowerment, support services.
Located at No 38a, Ubiaja Cresent, Garki 2, Abuja FCT Nigeria
Contact address: 0703 368 7519, 0802 379 0611
- 8Centre For Prisons Reforms & Inmates Rights
Centre For Prisons Reforms & Inmates Rights (CENPRIR) exists to help protect the rights of inmates and prisoners in Nigeria and across Africa.
0909 339 4843, 0803 320 2488
- Centre For the Rightto Health helps to increase the health status of citizens
Contact Address: 17743816, 08093006708
- Education as a Vaccine Against Aids (EVA)
This is a non governmental Organization for sexual health education in Nigeria
Situated behind Glisten Academy at Cadastral zone B08, Plot 1531/1534, Jahi district, Jahi Abuja
Contact address: 08096289694, 08078546318
- Empowered to Empower (E2E) initiative
Located at No. 3 Biu close, Off Oyo Street at Area 2 Garki, FCT Abuja
Contact Address: 08037861805
- Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme
Located at Suit 306 Midel Center, Off Oladipo Diya Way at Gudu District, Abuja
This is a non-governmental organixation founded to improve access of the people to welfare, education, health care so as to strengthen the economy of the nation.
- Intercommunity Development Social Organisation (IDS)
Situated at Suite 18, First floor, Block A, POWA International Plaza, Nyanya, Abuja #0809993617, 08036854938, 07088987703
The Intercommunity Development Social Organisation is dedicated to peace building, justice education, justice and providing better living conditions for the children, women and youth in Nigeria.
- Noble Foundation For Learning & Information Technology Skills (NFLITS)
Block house at 7 Yeminya Zakwoyi Way, Jikwoyi Phase 3, Abuja
NFLITS aims at eradicating computer illiteracy among Nigerian youths
- The Counselling Ambassadors Organization
Located at Suit 211A, DBM Plaza on Nouakchott Street, Wuse Zone 1, Abuja
08033590705, 08035974434, 080552250351
- Visions For Nigeria Foundation
Located at Suite A21 Shakir Plaza on Michika Street, Area 11, Garki, Abuja
08033145352, 0811397412, 07025320667
- Youth Ambassadors For Positive Impact Foundation (YAPIF)
This is a national forum that aims to bring change to the nation.
- Accident Prevention and Rescue Initiative