Most times we live our lives in an illusion, procrastinating enjoying our lives to when we will get everything we desire in life. Unfortunately, life is too short to procrastinate, now is the right time to enjoy life and do all the things we wish to do, tomorrow is not guaranteed. Most people live life with the fear of the unknown and this has drained them of all the joy. Here are some good quotes about life to live by.
Good Quotes About Life
1. If you settle for just anything, you’ll never know what you’re truly worthy of.
2. In life, you get what you put in. Everything comes back around.
3. Death is not the greatest loss in life; the greatest loss is what dies inside while you’re still alive.
4. Dream as you will live forever, live as you will die today.
5. If you want something you’ve never had then you-you’ve got to do something you’ve never done.
6. Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe it can achieve. – Napoleon Hill
7. Begin each day with a grateful heart.
8. Opportunity is missed by people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
9. Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive about what could go right.
10. Life is too short to wait.
11. I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me.
12. I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.
13. It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.
14. With patience you can even cook a stone. (One of the best quotes to live by)
15. Don’t tell me the sky’s the limit when there’s footprints on the moon.
16.Life is not measured by the amount of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
17. It’s important to make someone happy, and it’s important to start with yourself.
18. If you do not go after go after what you want, you will never have it. If you do not ask, the answer will always be NO. If you do not step forward, you will always be in the same place.
19. Clear your mind of can’t!
20. All the days that you wake up, you got one job, and that’s to get better every single day.
21. When writing the story of your life, don’t let anyone else hold the pen.
22. It is never too late to be what you might have been.
23.Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
24. If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.
25. The higher you climb the better the view.
26. They laugh at me because I’m different, I laugh at them because they’re all the same.
27. Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.
28. Life is short, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish it.
29. To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that’s all.
30. Live life to the fullest because you only get to live it once.
31. Do things that count, but don’t count the things you do.
32. Everyday is a new beginning, take a deep breath and start again.
33. If you wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.
34. Don’t live your fears, live your dreams.
35. We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
36. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously, that you might as well not have lived at all – In which case you fail by default.
37. Talent is given, greatness is earned.
38. Don’t let someone else’s opinion of you become your reality.
39. Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever you were going to do anyway.
40. Never let a bad day make you feel like you have a bad life.
41. The person who says something is impossible should not interrupt the person who is doing it.
42. Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen. – Michael Jordan
43. Life is a stage and you get only one performance. Make it a good one.
44. As long as you’re going to be thinking anyway, THINK BIG.
45. Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I’m possible.
46. If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.
47. Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain. – Vivian Greene
48. I know where I’m going and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be what you want me to be. I’m free to be what I want.
59. Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right. 51. The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
Funny Life Quotes
52. My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?
53. Life is so constructed that an event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.
54.Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
55. Personally, I don’t think there’s intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?
56. Life… is like a grapefruit. It’s orange and squishy and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast.
57. Life is a foreign language; all men mispronounce it.
58. Life is divided into the horrible and the miserable.
59. It’s possible; you can never know that the universe exists only for me. If so, it’s sure going well for me, I must admit.
60. The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
61. I hope life isn’t a big joke because I don’t get it.
62. He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.
63. You fall out of your mother’s womb, you crawl across open country under fire, and drop into your grave.
64. I think I’ve discovered the secret of life – you just hang around until you get used to it.
65. I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of so they can see that it’s not the answer.
66. Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you’re alive, it isn’t.
67. I have a simple philosophy: Fill what’s empty. Empty what’s full. Scratch where it itches.
68. The perfect normal person is rare in our civilization.
69. Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh.
70. “You can’t put a price tag on love. But if you could, I’d wait for it to go on sale.” — Hussein Nishah
71. “Eighty percent of married men cheat in America. The rest cheat in Europe.” — Jackie Mason
72. “Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you’re offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone’s feelings.” — David Sedaris
73. “My brother is gay and my parents don’t care, as long as he marries a doctor.” — Elayne Boosler
74. “My wife gets all the money I make. I just get an apple and clean clothes every morning.” — Ray Romano
75. “I went to a meeting for premature ejaculators. I left early.” — Jack Benny
76. “Love is grand; divorce is a hundred grand.” — Unknown
77. “Marry a man your own age; as your beauty fades, so will his eyesight.” — Phyllis Diller
78. “My best birth control now is just to leave the lights on.” — Joan Rivers
79. “Obviously, if I was serious about having a relationship with someone long-term, the last people I would introduce him to would be my family.” — Chelsea Handler
80. “Love is a lot like a backache, it doesn’t show up on X-rays, but you know it’s there.” — George Burns
81. “I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.” — Groucho Marx
82. “If love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?” — Lily Tomlin
83. “Being a good husband is like being a stand-up comic. You need 10 years before you can call yourself a beginner.” — Jerry Seinfeld
84. “I love you no matter what you do, but do you have to do so much of it?” — Jean Illsley Clarke
85. “There are only three things women need in life: food, water, and compliments.” — Chris Rock
86. “My wife was afraid of the dark… then she saw me naked and now she’s afraid of the light.” — Rodney Dangerfield
87. “I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex, and rich food. He was healthy right up to the time he killed himself.” — Johnny Carson
88. “Marriage has no guarantees. If that’s what you’re looking for, go live with a car battery.” — Erma Bombeck
89. “Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.” — Billy Crystal
90. “Women love a self-confident bald man.” — Larry David
91. “Women cannot complain about men anymore until they start getting better taste in them.” — Bill Maher
92. “Love is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions.” — Woody Allen
93. “If you can stay in love for more than two years, you’re on something.” — Fran Lebowitz
94. “Marriage is really tough because you have to deal with feelings and lawyers.” — Richard Pryor
95. “Love is telling someone their hair extensions are showing.” — Natasha Leggero
96. “I’m now making a Jewish porno film. 10 percent sex, 90 percent guilt.” — Henny Youngman
97. “My friends tell me I have an intimacy problem. But they don’t really know me.” — Garry Shandling
98. “Honesty is the key to a relationship. If you can fake that, you’re in.” — Richard Jeni
99. “I thought I was promiscuous, but it turns out I was just thorough.” — Russell Brand
100. “I love being married. It’s so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” — Rita Rudner
Quotes About Living Life
101. The aim of life is self-development. To realize one’s nature perfectly – that is what each of us is here for. – Oscar Wilde
102. I think I’ve discovered the secret of life – you just hang around until you get used to it. – Charles Schulz
103. Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can. – Danny Kaye
104. I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of so they can see that it’s not the answer. – Jim Carrey
105. When you live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and their meanings, you connect with the underlying field of infinite possibilities. – William James
106. Life is God’s novel. Let him write it. – Isaac Bashevis Singer
107. A man’s life is interesting primarily when he has failed-I well know. For it’s a sign that he tried to surpass himself. – Georges Clemenceau
108. Maxim for life: You get treated in life the way you teach people to treat you. – Wayne Dyer
109. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. – Mae West
110. Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. – Maya Angelou
111. In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on. – Robert Frost
112. Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all. – Helen Keller
113. It isn’t what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it. – Dale Carnegie
114. Don’t be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
115. Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself. – Harvey S. Firestone
116. To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. – Oscar Wilde
117. There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. – Albert Einstein
118. How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. – Anne Frank
119. Looking for some ideas on how to make the best of your life? Here you go:
120. A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. – Charles Darwin
121. A man sooner or later discovers that he is the master-gardener of his soul, the director of his life. – James Allen
122. I have a simple philosophy: Fill what’s empty. Empty what’s full. Scratch where it itches. – Alice Roosevelt Longworth
123. When it comes to life the critical thing is, whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude. – Gilbert Chesterton
124. It is only when we realize that life is taking us nowhere that it begins to have meaning. – P.D. Ouspensky
125. You’ve got to get to the stage in life where going for it is more important than winning or losing. – Arthur Ashe
126. I can get sad, I can get frustrated, I can get scared, but I never get depressed – because there’s joy in my life. – Michael J. Fox
127. Life was meant to be lived, and curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life. – Eleanor Roosevelt
128. You live but once; you might as well be amusing. – Coco Chanel
129. In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. – Gordon B. Hinckley
130. Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be. – Grandma Moses
131. You need to find a way to live your life, that it doesn’t make a mockery of your values. – Bill Ayers
132. The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want. – Ben Stein
133. Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious. – Brendan Gill
134. The purpose of life is to fight maturity. – Dick Werthimer
135. Don’t take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive. – Elbert Hubbard
136. I love life because what more is there. – Sir Anthony Hopkins
137. Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. – Mark Twain
138. All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on. – Henry Ellis
139. We must each lead a way of life with self-awareness and compassion, to do as much as we can. Then, whatever happens we will have no regrets. – Dalai Lama
140. Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb, but how well you bounce. – Vivian Komori
141. While we have the gift of life, it seems to me the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die – whether it is our spirit, our creativity, or our glorious uniqueness. – Gilda Radner
142. You cannot find peace by avoiding life. – Virginia Woolf
143. The most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well. – Pierre de Courbertin
144. The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware. – Henry Miller
145. The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams. – Oprah Winfrey
146. He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. – Friedrich Nietzsche
147. We are always getting ready to live but never living. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
148. Life becomes harder for us when we live for others, but it also becomes richer and happier. – Albert Schweitzer
149. Life is the game that must be played. – Edwin Arlington Robinson
Live Life to the Fullest
150. “Everything can be taken from a man but one thing; the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.”~Dr. Viktor Frankl
151. “Let your life mean something. Become an inspiration to others so that they may try to do more and to become more than they are today.”~Thomas D. Willhite
152. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.”~Henry David Thoreau
153. “There are two components that are fundamental to enjoy life and feel good about yourself: continual learning and service.”~Tim Ferriss, The 4-Hour Workweek
154. “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.”~Anonymous
155. “There are a million ways to lose a work day, but not even a single way to get one back.”~Tom DeMarco and Timothy Lister
156. “Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.”~Wayne Dyer
157. “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”~Mark Twain
158. “Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished. If you’re alive, it isn’t.”~Richard Bach
159. “Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”~Mahatma Gandhi
160. “You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted.”~Ruth E. Renk 161. “Life isn’t worth living unless you’re willing to take some big chances and go for broke.” ~Eliot Wiggington
162. “What is the meaning of life? To be happy and useful.”~ HH the Dalai Lama
163. “Slow down and remember this: Most things make no difference.”~ Tim Ferriss, The 4-Hour Workweek
164. “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”~ George Bernard Shaw
165. “Reality is negotiable.”~ Tim Ferriss, The 4-Hour Workweek
166. “He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.”~ Friedrich Nietzsche
167. “The purpose of life is a life of purpose.”~ Robert Byrne
168. “You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it.”~Charles Buxton
169. “Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.”~ James Dean
170. “Don’t be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of.”~ Charles Richards
171. “Every man dies. Not every man really lives.”~ Braveheart
172. “I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.”~ Diane Ackerman
173. “And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.”~ Abraham Lincoln
174. “Life is not lost by dying; life is lost minute by minute, day by dragging day, in all the thousand small uncaring ways.”~ Stephen Vincent Benét
175. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all”~ Helen Keller
176. “Its important to have specific dreams. Dream Big. Dream without fear.”~ Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
177. “We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.”~ Joseph Campbell
178. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that’s all”~ Oscar Wilde
179. “I shall pass through this life but once. Any good therefore that I can do, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it. For I shall never pass this way again”~ Etienne de Grellet
180. “Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them.”~ Dion Boucicault
181. “Live every day as if it were your last and then some day you’ll be right.”~ H.H. “Breaker” Morant
182. “There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”~ Albert Einstein
183. “Make your life a mission – not an intermission.”~ Arnold H. Glasgow
184. “The key question to keep asking is, Are you spending your time on the right things? Because time is all you have.”~ Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
185. “The miracle is not to walk on water. The miracle is to walk on the green earth, dwelling deeply in the present moment and feeling truly alive.”~Thich Nhat Hanh 186. “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”~ Albert Einstein
187. “The tragedy of life is not so much what men suffer, but rather what they miss.”~ Thomas Carlyle
188. “Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand – and melting like a snowflake”~ M.B. Ray
189. “What man actually needs is not a tensionless state but rather the striving and struggling for some goal worthy of him. What he needs is not the discharge of tension at any cost, but the call of a potential meaning waiting to be fulfilled by him.”~ Dr. Viktor Frankl
190. “People say that what we are seeking is in for life. I don’t think this is what we’re really seeking. I think what we’re seeking is an experience of being alive.”~Joseph Campbell
191. “Start living now. Stop saving the good china for that special occasion. Stop withholding your love until that special person materializes. Every day you are alive is a special occasion. Every minute, every breath, is a gift from God.”~ Mary Manin Morrissey
192. “You don’t get to choose how you are going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you are going to live. Now.”~ Joan Baez
193. “A life without cause is a life without effect.”~Barbarella 194. “The purpose of life is a life of purpose.”~ Robert Byrne
195. “When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me.” ~ Erma Bombeck
196. “Time is all you have and you may find one day that you have less than you think.”~ Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
197. “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”~Harold Whitman
198. A bird does not sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song – Chinese proverb
199. There is the risk you cannot afford to take and there is the risk you cannot afford not to take – Peter Drucker
200. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take – Wayne Gretzky