Nicaraguan Visa is not required for Cambodians
Stay Duration: 30 days
- Citizens of Cambodia can travel to Nicaragua by obtaining a visa on arrival at any international airports in the country.
- This visa on arrival permits Cambodians to stay in Nicaragua for a duration of 30 days. Staying beyond the validity date will attract a fine.
- Prospective visitors will be required to provide a passport valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of arrival in Nicaragua. The passport should have at least one blank page for visa stamping.
- The importation of local and foreign currency amounting to over $10,000 must be declared on arrival into Nicaragua.
- Minors travelling to Nicaragua must show travel authorization from their parents or guardians.
- Tourists will be required to provide evidence of sufficient funds to spend during their stay in Nicaragua.
- Travellers visiting Nicaragua with arms and ammunition required an Import license.
- Tourists with pets (cats and dogs) must be accompanied by a veterinarian good health and a rabies vaccination certificate, issued in Cambodia.
- When exiting Nicaragua, Cambodians are required to pay an airport departure tax of $35.
- A detailed printed itinerary of your time in Nicaragua and a confirmation of accommodation, preferably a hotel reservation during your stay in the country.
- Intending visitors can get to Nicaragua from any international airport in Cambodia. There are international airports in Phnom Penh and Siem reap.
- Asiana, Korean Air, Delta, and Cathay Dragon are some of the carriers that fly from Cambodia to Nicaragua.
- The estimated flight time from Phnom Penh to Managua, Nicaragua is 1 day, 2 hours and from Siem reap, it is 1 day, 4 hour.
- The climate in Nicaragua subtropical. It has two distinct climates, the rainy season lasts from mid-May to mid-November, the dry season lasts from mid-November to the end of May, with May being the hottest and driest month.
- The Nicaraguan Córdoba is the official currency in Nicaragua. The US Dollars can be used at hotels, airlines and for travel agents. Visitors are advised to exchange their foreign currencies at banks and other exchange outlets.
- Pearl Lagoon, Little Corn Island, Somoto Canyon and Las Peñitas are some of the many tourist destinations Mauritians can visit in Nicaragua.
- The official language of Nicaragua is Spanish, it is the most spoken language in the country, however, there are other various indigenous languages.
- Christianity is the dominant religion in Nicaragua, precisely Roman Catholicism. Islam and Jews are other religions present in the country.
- Gallo pinto, desayuno nica, nacatamales, quesillo and rondón are some of the dishes tourists can try in Nicaragua.
- Tourists are advised to budget about $50 per day for daily expenses.
- Nicaragua uses the Central Standard Time (GMT-6). Cambodia is 13 hours ahead.
- The major vehicles used for transportation in Nicaragua include Buses, ferries and moto-taxis.
- The power and socket plug used in Nicaragua are of Type A and B. The standard voltage is 120 V and the standard frequency is 60 Hz.
- Tourists are advised to exercise caution when in congested areas and pay particular attention to personal belongings while in crowded areas and while travelling on public transportation in Nicaragua.