Indian Visa is not required for Hong Kongeses
Stay Duration: 90 days
- Hong Kong passport holders can visit India for a duration of 90 days by applying for an electronic visa. The e-visa costs US$80.
- Tourists are advised to have applied for the e-visa, at least four days before departure.
- The e-visa allows nationals of Hong Kong to gain entry to India through 28 airports and 5 seaports.
- Prospective visitors are to show a valid passport of a minimum of 6 months beyond the date of India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for visa stamping.
- The import and export of foreign currencies are unlimited, however, amounts exceeding $ 5,000 or its equivalent would be declared.
- Also, the importation and exportation of the local currency of India is set at a maximum of INR 25,000.
- Hong Kong citizens with firearms require an Import Permit from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation in India.
- Tourists must show evidence of a confirmed means of accommodation for their entire stay in India. This could be in the form of a sponsor letter from a host living in the country or a hotel reservation.
- A recent bank statement, to show that the visitor has enough money to spend while in India will be required.
- Minors travelling alone to India are required to have a consent letter signed by both parents or guardian.
- Visitors from Hong Kong entering India with pets (dogs and cats) must be accompanied by a veterinarian health certificate issued in Hong Kong.
- Although nationals of Hong Kong are not be required to present a yellow fever vaccination certificate, nevertheless, they are advised nevertheless to be vaccinated against common illnesses before travelling to India.
- Intending visitors can get to India from any international airport in Hong Kong. There are international airports in Chek Lap Kok and Guangdong.
- SpiceJet, Cathay pacific, ANA and Singapore Airlines are some of the airlines that fly from Hong Kong to India.
- The estimated flight duration from Hong Kong to New Delhi, India is 6 hours, 30 minutes.
- Hinduism, Christianity and Islam are the major religions in India. Other religions like Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism are also present in the country, although as a minority.
- The Indian rupee is the official currency used in India. Visitors can various banks and exchange outlets in the country to exchange their foreign currencies.
- India is a country with hundreds of languages spoken in the country. It has no national language. Hindi and English are however the official languages.
- Tourists are advised to budget about $43 to spend on daily expenses while in India.
- India has a temperate and tropical climate. It has four major seasons which are summer which is from March to May, winter from December to February, monsoon from June to September and post-monsoon also known as northeast monsoon which is from October to November.
- Cows do wander freely in the streets of India even in major cities. They are harmless, so tourists are advised to give them room. Also, Indians value their cows and respecting these cows can prevent a bad relationship with the locals.
- The Taj Mahal, The Holy City of Varanasi, Harmandir Sahib and The Golden City are some of the places tourists can visit while in India.
- The power and socket plug used in Singapore are of Type C, D and M. The standard voltage is 230 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz.
- Special delicacies tourists can try while in India are butter chicken, alu gobi, rogan josh and samosas.
- Transportation in India can be done with buses, train, taxis and small boats.
- India uses India Standard Time (GMT+5:30). Hong Kong is 2 hours 30 minutes ahead of India.
- Tourists are expected to be courteous and conscious of existing rules and customs as they go about their tourism-related activities.