Ecuadorean Visa is not required for Cambodians
Stay Duration: 90 days
- For a period of 90 days, nationals of Cambodia can travel to Ecuador without obtaining a visa.
- Intending visitors must have a passport valid for a duration of six months beyond their arrival in Ecuador. The passport should have at least two blank pages.
- On entry and exit into Ecuador, citizens of Cambodia with amounts exceeding USD 10,000 will be required to declare it.
- There is a 5 per cent tax on currency taken out of Ecuador above USD 1098.
- Visitors from Cambodia must present evidence of a confirmed means of accommodation for their entire stay in the country, which could be in the form of a sponsor letter from a host living in Ecuador or a hotel reservation.
- Cambodians with pets will have to possess a health certificate issued by an authorized government veterinarian within 10 days of departure and approved by the local health authorities in Cambodia.
- Tourists with pets (cats and dogs) must be accompanied by a veterinarian good health and a rabies vaccination certificate, issued in Cambodia.
- Tourists should also have an onward or return ticket back to Cambodia and must show proof of sufficient funds throughout their stay in Ecuador.
- A yellow fever vaccination certificate is not required from visitors from Cambodia on arrival in Ecuador. They are advised to be vaccinated against common illness before travelling.
- Tourists can get to Ecuador from international airports in Cambodia. There are international airports in Phnom Penh and Siem reap.
- EVA Air, Air Canada, Cathay Dragon, Bangkok Airways and China Southern are some of the Carriers that fly from Cambodia to Ecuador.
- The estimated flight duration from Phnom Penh to Quito, Ecuador is 1 day, 5 hours and from Siem reap, it is 1 day, 6 hours.
- Spanish is Ecuador’s official language and is spoken by the majority of the population of Ecuador. Kichwa and Shuar are also well-spoken languages in the country.
- The dominating religion in Ecuador is Christianity, precisely Roman Catholics. However, some Christians marry their faith with other traditional beliefs.
- Ecuador has a mostly subtropical highland climate, with the coastal lowlands warm and the coastal regions affected by ocean currents, heat and rain.
- The official currency in Ecuador is the United States Dollar. However, visitors can exchange their foreign currencies at various banks and exchange outlets throughout the country.
- ATMs are available in many parts of Ecuador, and they can be found in most hotels and major places of business, where credit and debit cards are readily accepted. Other local business outlets strictly accept cash.
- Ecuador uses the Ecuador Time (GMT-5). Cambodia is 12 hours ahead of Ecuador.
- Power sockets and plugs used in Ecuador are of type A and B. The standard supply voltage is 120 V, with a standard frequency of 60 Hz.
- Getting around in Ecuador is possible with taxis, buses and trains.
- Cuyabeno Wildlife Preserve, Cotopaxi National Park and GringoTree are some of the tourist attraction tourists can visit while in Ecuador.
- A tourist in Ecuador spends an average of $40 per day on expenses in Ecuador.
- Ecuador is home to an interesting, unique and fascinating culture and history. Visitors are expected to be courteous and conscious of existing rules and customs as they go about their activities.