|Known for||Philanthropist Act in Local community|
|A.K.A.||Tolu Sadipe (TASK)|
|Is|| Politician |
Hon. Mrs. Tolulope Akande-Sadipe graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting and a Masters’ degree in International Business Management. Her successful career spans three decades with depth and diverse work experience across both the private and public sector. i.e Gardiner Kamya & Associates in the USA, The Dangote Group, GT Bank Plc. And Oyo State Government in Nigeria.
Hon. Mrs. Tolulope Akande-Sadipe established Westlake Consultants, a company with an excellent track record in providing Strategy, Capacity Development and Process Re-engineering, Transformation Initiatives and Solutions to both public and private sector clients. She was Centre for Management Development certified in 2008 and same year an associate of the Chartered Quality Institute United Kingdom. In 2010 she volunteered her expertise to anchor and facilitate the activities of the Synergy Group, an initiative of senior management of Lagos State Government and its agencies, set up to foster synergy and efficient inter-departmental workflow amongst the entities.
In January 2016, she joined Oyo State Government. As the Special Adviser Bureau of Investment Promotions & Projects to the Governor of Oyo State. She successfully utilized her depth of knowledge of Nigeria’s private sector to attract top-notch investment into the State, which culminated in the State’s ranking as a 4-star investment destination in Nigeria. She was involved in initiating, midwifing and collaborating on many developmental projects, which had direct economic impact on the State. These include the:
• Facilitation and spearheading of the actualization of The Ibadan Inland Dry Port Olorisa Oko
• Facilitation of the Dangote Rice Project – OYSG-Dangote Rice Development Project and sponsorship of farmers in Oluyole Federal Constituency
• Facilitation of the establishment of Allied Distilleries, the largest ethanol plant in West Africa in Oyo State which led to 10,000 direct jobs and 40,000 indirect jobs
• Led the ANDP Mass Housing Project for 5000 low cost houses across Oyo State
• Facilitated “The Marina Roundtable Low Cost Agro Housing Project”
• Initiated the drive for the inclusion of Oyo State in the Federal Government TTP scheme
• Conceptualized the development of an Agro Marketing Hub Oja Ibadan, on the Lagos Ibadan Express way to facilitate the marketing of Agro products.
• Facilitated Oyo states participation for the 1st time in the World Bank Rural Access & Agricultural mobility grant (RAAMP) which led to the construction of 500 kms of rural roads
• Facilitated Oyo States participation in the CBN Accelerated Agricultural Development Scheme
On 13th June, 2019, Hon. Akande-Sadipe was inaugurated into the House of Representatives of Nigeria representing the Oluloye Federal Constituency of Ibadan, Oyo State. She is the Chairperson of the House Committee on Diaspora.
She is passionate about the welfare of the girl child and ending human trafficking and changing the negative narratives on Nigeria and the African continent.
She also has strong philanthropic inclination which she fulfils through a charity fund to financially assist orphans and other disadvantaged members of society to meet their health and education needs. She is a recipient of several commendations such as:
1. Merit Award of Honour by Olurinde General Landlords and Ladies Association for recognition of her outstanding Contributions to the Growth of the Community and it environ in General
2. Certificate of Merit Award by Miss Oyo Organization For winning the 2019 Oyo State Outstanding Federal Representative of the year
3. Gold Merit Award by Professional Bags Manufacturers Association of Nigeria in Honour and recognition of your immeasurable selfless service, Exemplary leadership and outstanding contribution towards the association.
4. Outstanding Professional Award by Oluyole Youth Council in appreciation of an invaluable and distinguish contribution to the growth and Development of Humanity and Integrity
5. Certificate of Excellence by Nigeria in Diaspora Organization (NIDO) in recognition of her meritorious and outstanding contribution to the Nigerian Community in Switzerland.
6. Award of Excellence by Olurunkemi Youth Development Forum Zone 4 in recognition of her willingness to help and develop the Society.
7. Award of Excellence by Omiyale Ope Agbe Youth Community for her immense contribution to the development of humanity in General
8. Award of Excellence by OYOYO Africa Global Initiative in recognition towards Africa’s Unity and Peace
9. Certificate of honour by Nigeria Association of Women Journalist (NAWOJ) Oyo State as a Vanguard of Gender Empowerment
Since taking the oath of office as a Member, Federal House of Representative, the following are some of her achievements thus far:
1. Motion on the need to ascertain Nigeria in Diaspora remittances and its impact on the nation’s economy
2. Amendment of a motion to tackle sexual harassment of children and minors
3. Amendment of a motion on the issue of insecurity in Zamfara state to be all inclusive across the Nation
4. Contributed at the National Assembly on the Issue of Xenophobia, and urged the Federal Government to create additional air lifting opportunities to evacuate our citizens who are stranded in South Africa
5. Petition on the floor of the house on the delay and poor construction of Ijebuigbo-Itaegba-Owonowem Road, Olomi Ibadan
Whilst she has also contributed to the socio-economic development of her constituents by:
6. Spearheading the Empowerment of over 500 women and youths in various competencies
7. Providing Monthly Welfare support for constituents
8. Providing educational support and remedial tutoring classes for Secondary school Students
9. Sponsoring Students for the West African Examination Council Exams and the National Examination Council Exams
10. Funding a N25million Scholarship Scheme for Undergraduates
11. Sponsoring Sporting events and Sporting viewing centers
12. Facilitating the construction and renovation of Schools e.g Temidire Agbamu Model Secondary School
13. Construction of Public Toilet facilities for Ara-Oje Community Primary School
14. Rehabilitation of Health Care facilities e.g. Baare Health Centre
15. Rehabilitation of community social facilities e.g. Baare Town Hall
16. Promoting Agricultural development e.g Empowerment of Rice Farmers. Training and Start up funding across the Agriculture Value Chain
17. Rehabilitation of road infrastructure
18. Currently on a book drive to set up a Library Facility and Teenage Book Club
19. Currently on a fund-raising drive for a loan scheme for Women Empowerment