WordPress Web Developer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field ICT / Computer
- We are seeking a mid-level full-stack WordPress Web Developer responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including creating WordPress themes and plugins.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Participating in all aspects of software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, planning, design, development, deployment, and maintenance.
- Collaborate with designers, product and business team to design, build and maintain our platforms.
- Programming and producing data-driven web applications, websites using WordPress and WooCommerce
- Analysis and translation of business requirements into technical requirements for development, and creation of design documents and technical specifications.
- Adhere to best practices and standards in the areas of development, technology, and security.
- Ensure high-performance availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Perform thorough QA testing including cross-browser/platform compatibility with optimal user experience in mind.
- Keep up with advancements and changes in technology and develop an understanding of how new technologies can be leveraged to provide business solutions.
- 2+ years front-end development, solid project-level experience with WordPress, WooCommerce, HTML, CSS, PHP / MySQL
- Previous development experience with e-commerce platforms
- Highly organised, detail-oriented and efficient
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated experience with design best practices across all work delivered
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to determine effective approaches to business solutions.
- An excellent attitude and a strong passion for your career
Details of Job Requirements:
- Experience building user interfaces for websites
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Designing and implementing new features and functionalities
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with rest APIs
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Strong understanding of PHP, MySQL and WordPress
- Excellent knowledge of WordPress plugins and integrations for e-commerce including WooCommerce, payment gateways, inventory management, shipping and tracing, loyalty and coupons management, notifications and email tools etc
- Good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Experience with on-page SEO fundamentals and Google analytics
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible working schedule with opportunity for remote work
- 20 days Annual leave
- Health Insurance
- Company contributed Pension Plan
- Opportunities for paid industry events and conferences
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Aneeque on forms.office.com to apply