- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Ebonyi
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial  , Education / Teaching
Location: Abakaliki, Ebonyi
- The Governing Council of the Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State has declared a vacancy for the position of the Vice-Chancellor of the University with effect from 11th February, 2021. In accordance with the provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act No.11 of 1993 as (Amended), the Governing Council hereby invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the post
- The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive and Academic Head of the University.
- He / she is the Chairman of the Senate, Congregation and member of the Governing Council. The Vice-Chancellor shall among other duties:
- Promote research, teaching, and a high standard of academic excellence.
- Be responsible to Council for the day-to-day running of the affairs of the University as well as the maintenance of peace, law and order in the University.
- Be competent at all times to advice Council on all matters affecting the policy, finance and administration of the University.
- Regulate the admission of students, subject to the guidelines and procedure approved by the Senate and other Statutory bodies.
- Be responsible for staff and students discipline and welfare in the University.
- Applicants for the position of Vice-Chancellor, Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu- Alike (AE-FUNAI) must be distinguished scholars with outstanding academic and administrative records.
- He / she must be a proven manager of human and material resources.
- Specifically, the candidate should be a professor of not less than seven (7) years standing, by February 11, 2021 when the office will be vacant, with ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for the University.
Furthermore, the candidate should:
- Have held academic and administrative positions that are requisite to that of a vice-chancellor of a leading university.
- Have a good understanding of the vision and mission of the University.
- Be of a strong academic standing as evidenced by the publications of books and research in high impact journals.
- Be able to attract research grants and complimentary funds from local and international agencies, and further uplift the academic status of the University.
- Possess personal integrity in the management of funds and be able to deploy financial resources as appropriate within the context of the University’s strategic plan.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills and possess the ability to build bridges between staff, students and members of the University Community and its stakeholders.
- Have demonstrable abilities to establish and maintain partnerships with local, international, government and non-governmental agencies and organizations.
- Be an individual who, judging from his / her track records, is likely to command the respect as well as the loyalty of members of staff and the University Community.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to attract, motivate and retain highly skilled and talented staff (teaching and non-teaching).
- Be able to exhibit entrepreneurial drive and ability to attract extra statutory funds and mobilize other resources for the development of the University.
- Have excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Should be in a position to ensure the enforcement of the University’s laws and regulations.
- Be information and technology proficient and be committed to its use as a management tool and its development in the University programmes and services.
- Be of excellent physical and mental health.
- Must not be more than 64 years of age by 11th February 2021, when the position is scheduled to be occupied.
- The remuneration of and conditions of service for the post of Vice-Chancellor are as applicable in all Federal Universities in Nigeria and as determined by the Government of the Federation.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold the office for a single term of five (5) years.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Fifteen (15) copies of their Applications, CV include photocopies of the candidate’s academic and professional qualifications, birth certificate or declaration of age, list of publications, verifiable evidence of work experience.
The Curriculum Vitae should include the following:
- Full name (surname, first name, middle name)
- Post applied for
- Place, State and date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Correspondence address (if different from permanent address)
- Mobile phone number
- Email Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children (if any)
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic Qualifications obtained with dates
- Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Work experiences including full details
- Community service(s) rendered (including dates and locations)
- Full details of teaching and research experience
- List of publications and dates where applicable
- Honours / Awards
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Name and addresses of three referees one of whom must be from the last or current place of employment.
Applications should be submitted in an envelope addressed to the “Registrar, Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Nfudu-Alike with the post applied clearly written at the top right-hand corner of the envelope to:
Alex Ekwueme Federal University,
P.M.B. 1010, Abakaliki,
A separate submission of not more than one page of candidate’s vision statement for the University during his / her tenure if appointed should be attached to the candidate’s application.
All referees should be asked to send their independent reports to the Registrar with full details of the applicant and the post applied for, not later than the closing date of this advertisement. It is the responsibility of the Referee to ensure that the reports get to the Registrar before the closing date of this advertisement.