Strategic Information Advisor
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 8 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
- USAID has selected Palladium to implement the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.FI) award. Data.FI is a $180 million, 5-year project which serves as USAID’s primary mechanism for data, technology, and health information systems to support HIV activities across strategic PEPFAR countries and is part of a suite of large-scale global HIV programs that USAID has recently awarded and represents the next generation of HIV/AIDS programs. Data.FI plays a key role in USAID’s goals of helping partner countries on their journey to self-reliance and transitioning local organizations to prime recipients of USG funding.
- The overall goal of the project is to improve global, regional and national in-depth analyses of HIV epidemiologic and program data that can be directly applied to expedite the achievement of PEPFAR targets to attain and sustain control of the HIV epidemic. The focus also includes directly supporting host country governments and implementing partners to further enhance existing health information system platforms to inform management responses to well-defined gaps in HIV/AIDS programming.
- In order to ensure rapid access to high quality data, Data.FI will work towards: accelerating data utilization to rapidly course-correct and take to scale cost-effective and impactful activities, models and approaches required to attain and maintain HIV epidemic control; scaling and optimizing in-country health information system capabilities to collect, exchange, adapt, govern, and visualize information in order to track the attainment and maintenance of HIV epidemic control; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners by 2020.
Purpose of Position:
- Palladium is seeking a Strategic Information Advisor to support the USAID Strategic Information (SI) Team and service delivery implementing partners (IPs) to leverage weekly PEPFAR data to support control of HIV epidemic specifically in the surge state of Akwa Ibom.
- The overall aim of the Data.FI data use strategy is to both generate further demand for data and improve clinical outcomes around testing, linkage, retention, and viral suppression by engaging implementing partners, National, State stake holders and decision makers.
- The SI Advisor will implement a field-based strategy to create regular forums for sharing achievements and challenges with stakeholders, generate analysis at state level for key priority indicators, by promoting peer-exchange and problem solving. The SI Advisor will be reporting to the Senior Regional Data Use Advisor.
- Technical support to weekly PEPFAR HFR reporting and APPR system optimal use at the state level and facilitation to access across the hierarchies.
- Support design of Weekly Data Review for Rapid Action methodology for implementation at state level and across hierarchies.
- Support dissemination of a unified data use strategy and data review guidelines
- Technical support in supporting Surge activities and tracking of epidemic control KPIs for the surge states
- Implement knowledge management efforts aimed at tracking impact of data use strategy
- Working with the implementing partners facilitate and support HFR processes to identify barriers to data use and generate solutions to address those barriers.
- Facilitate training on data use and related topics with implementing partners teams and state ministries including taking creative approaches to providing support in low-bandwidth environments.
- Tracking activities and performance related to data use and change management, documenting our work and engaging and enthusing stakeholders related to project learning in these areas.
- Liaising with implementing partners to prototype, test and scale data use interventions and strategies, and to build capacity on data use with a focus on the state level.
- Working with the Data Analytics and Visualization Specialist, develop dashboards and information products to inform progress towards HIV epidemic control.
- Technical support on OVC indicators performance management both at the national and state levels; working with OVC partners to implement best data practices and tracking performance of OVC custom indicators
- Evaluate and assure system compliance with laws and regulations applicable to managing patient information.
- Technically backstop data quality and data alignment exercises, working with the implementing partners at state level with interventions cascaded to facility levels
- Conduct regular analysis and reviews of state-level performance on key priority indicators
- Work with other implementing partners to strengthen the data analytics and visualization capabilities of APPR System 2.0, DHIS2, situation rooms, and other platforms.
- Build the capacity of national programs and state staff in data demand and information use applying developed curricula and conduct follow-on mentorship.
- Build a case and action plan for increasing data use for programmatic and budget decision-making national programs and state levels.
- Any other duties assigned as per the dynamic programming environment as defined by USAID
- A Master’s degree in Public Health, Statistics, Health Informatics, Epidemiology, Computer Science or a related field
- At least 8 years’ experience advising on health management information systems or routine health information systems
- Experience working with HIV/AIDS programs, including DHIS 2, preferred
- Working knowledge of patient-level and aggregate data management systems i.e. EMRs, LIMS
- Knowledge of project management principles to manage outputs with multi-disciplinary teams including a broad and extensive knowledge of IT principles, methods and techniques;
- Work well under pressure, skilled in crisis management, and problem-solving.
- Ability to achieve consensus among multiple stakeholders
- Proven skills in data analysis with proficiency in statistical package i.e. Stata, SPSS, advanced excel, Business Intelligence applications
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English are required to communicate technical information to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise
Method of Application
Note: Applications for this position will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium Group on palladium.csod.com to apply