Company: Palladium Group
Number of Slot: 1
Specialization: Government Agencies / Public Sector
Work Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: 3-5 years
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: State Technical Coordinator
Job Ref.: req7922
Job Location: Lagos
Job Type: Full Time Consultant
Program: HP+ Nigeria Sustainable Health Financing of HIV/AIDS and TB Programs at National and Subnational Levels
Reports to: Technical Advisors, Health Financing
Duration: Full Time consultant until June 2020 with possibility of extension
Project Overview and Role
Health Policy Plus (HP+) is a USAID-funded five-year $185 million project awarded to Palladium in August 2015. HP+ has a mandate across global, country, and subnational levels to strengthen and advance health policy priorities in HIV, family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH), and maternal health. It aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on voluntary, rights-based health programs, and by strengthening in-country partners’ capacity to navigate complex environments for effective policy design, implementation, and financing aligned to their priorities. HP+ provides technical assistance to governments, civil society, and the private sector to effectively engage in domestic resource mobilization (DRM), put in place sustainable financing and accountability mechanisms, and make progress toward global, national, and subnational health goals.
HP+ has been engaged by the USAID Nigeria Office to conceptualize and design activities to improve sustainable financing for Human Immunodeficiency Virus / Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (HIV / AIDS) and tuberculosis (TB) programs at the national level and in two USAID priority states – Lagos and Kano. These activities will span an initial period of 2 years, will continue efforts started by the Health Finance and Governance (HFG) project and complement current Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV and AIDS Services (SIDHAS) and Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS) Plus projects’ activities.
- The State Technical Coordinator provides technical and coordination support health financing work of HP+ state level under the guidance of Abuja-based Technical Director and Technical Advisors
- The State Technical Coordinator will work together with the State Technical Lead in fostering multi-sectoral collaboration and evidence advocacy towards sustainable financing for health with enhanced efficiency and equity of resource utilization.
- Provide technical support on budget preparation and defense to State Ministry of Health (SMoH) and Sate Agency for Control of AIDS and other relevant agencies;
- Foster multisectoral collaboration for domestic resource mobilization for health in general and HIV and TB response in particular;
- Support collection, analysis and use of evidence to advocate for more domestic funding for health in supported states;
- Provide technical support towards integration of HIV and TB services into the benefit package of Social Health Insurance Scheme;
- Provide necessary technical support to Lagos State Health Management Agency towards expanding health insurance coverage to the people of Lagos State;
- Participate in design, preparation and facilitation of workshops and roundtable engagements with stakeholders as necessary
- Document lessons learned on resource mobilization and health insurance technical support and develop knowledge management products from project accomplishments and lessons learned;
- Other tasks assigned by HP+ Technical Advisors and Country Director.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree or similar qualification in Public Health, Economics, Statistics, or other related discipline. Master’s preferred.
- At least three (3) years of relevant work experience in health or health financing, DRM and PFM system strengthening.
- Experience in HIV / AIDS, TB, and health insurance preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc).
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong English writing, oral communication, and reporting skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and resourcefulness. Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations.