The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State TB Technical Advisor
Locations: Lagos, Ogun, Osun and Oyo
Duration: 2 years Contract
Department: Office of the CEO
Reports to: COP TB-LON 3; STBLCO, NC NTBLCP
- The State TB Technical Advisors will support NTBLCP/STBLCPs and IHVN in deploying innovative strategies to find the missing TB cases, address issues related to quality of care, improved TB surveillance activities, data management and use, program management, as well as dissemination of lessons learnt and success stories.
As a State TB Technical Advisor, s/he will:
- Support STBLCPs in facilitating the development of annual work plans and reports, as well as the conduct of quarterly technical and partners review meetings to enhance program performance, maximize available resources and prevent duplication of activities
- Provide technical assistance to scale-up innovative interventions that will drive up TB case finding at facility and community levels, in both public and private health sectors
- Facilitate the notification of all diagnosed TB cases from all health facilities, both DOTS and non-DOTS in the public and private sector into the NTBLCP systems
- Ensure the engagement of non-NTBLCP entities such as SPHCDA, State & LGA DSNOs and umbrella bodies of the Private Health Providers in TB surveillance, including integration of TB reporting in existing surveillance systems
- Support NTBLCP and STBLCPs in preparations for and implementation of Zonal and Annual review meetings
- Provide TA for quarterly data collation, harmonization and validation meetings at the LGA and State levels and also ensure complete reporting from the community
- Document and share experiences from TB-LON 3 intervention with the STBLCP and NTBLCP in order to improve performance across board
- Provide direct capacity building on technical areas, M&E, leadership and project management for low-performing LGAs, new State program managers and LON Project staff.
- Ensure the dissemination of Policy and operational documents from NTBLCP to field workers, with continuous hands-on mentoring to ensure their use
- Support the documentation and dissemination of lessons learnt on the Project as well as in the State TB program, and develop periodic updates of Action Plans to mitigate against the effect of catastrophic events such as the COVID-19 pandemic
- Facilitate weekly/monthly Project/State TB Cascade and performance reviews, deep dive into granular data and gap analysis using a hands-on approach, and also establish a feedback mechanism to support decision making (including the development of LGA score-cards), creating linkages for strengthened oversight form NTBLCP
- First Degree in Medicine and Surgery, Pharmacy, Public Health, Epidemiology and Health Program Planning and Management
- Master’s or higher Degree in Public Health and Community Medicine preferred
- Proven experience in leadership, capacity building, planning and management
- Demonstrable experience in successful implementation of USAID or other donor-funded programs designed to strengthen the health sector at national and/or sub-national government levels
- Experience in working with key stakeholders in Nigeria, particularly in the South West States.
- At least five years of professional experience in TB operational plan development and planning, program management and implementation in Lagos, Oyo, Ogun and Osun States
- Practical experience in developing and managing partnerships, including brokering public-private partnerships
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong coordination, planning, and supervisory skills
- Competent with operational plan development, implementation and evaluation of results
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to identify and develop relevant areas of work
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging manner.
- Strong networking and representational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English as well as presentation skills, with proven experience in analyzing data and developing PowerPoint presentations and other reports
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to the “Deputy Director, Human Resources” through this email address: [email protected]
- Applications must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 25th January, 2021.