Specialist – Trade Services (Letter of Credit – Issuance, Amendments & Cash Confirmation)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 year
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Banking
- To establish letters of credit with correspondent banks
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsibility of issuing documentary letters of credit.
- Ensure that the terms of LC’s are clearly understandable and compatible with the broad parameters of the international chamber of commerce and CBN manual.
- Ensure uniform customs and practice for documentary credits as well as shipping terms and practices are adhered to.
- Verifies all documentation for accuracy and completeness, ensure that all documentation is evaluated and adheres to bank policies and procedures.
- Ensure that proper drawing instructions are given to the advising and reimbursing bank regarding drawings under the documentary letter of credit.
- Maintain register for all types of LC’s.
- Reporting of monthly forex utilization.
- Timely utilization of forex allocated for cash covered l/cs.
- Regular correspondence with banks regarding processed transactions.
- Daily CBN reporting.
- Seek approvals when necessary from CBN as regards transactions.
- Maintains and updates customer utilization registers for customer’s USD line.
- Account proofing.
- Ensures transactions are flown through the fSS workflow.
- Minimum Education: First Degree in any discipline
- Minimum experience – 1 year working experience in foreign operations
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to First Bank on hdbc.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com to apply