Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Media Assistant II
- Breakthrough ACTION / Nigeria is a five-year, USAID-funded project (2017-2022). The goal of the project is to increase the practice of priority individual and household level behaviors and provider targeted behaviors in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming.
- The project is seeking a versatile and creative social media personnel to join our team. This person will be responsible for implementing a comprehensive social media strategy that meets the needs of several distinct audiences. The Social Media Assistant will work closely with the Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria thematic teams to refine the social media strategy with behavior change objectives.
- S/he will also work closely with the project team and the global Breakthrough ACTION social media team to develop and disseminate content on project-related news and learnings. channels. The role will also include collaboration responsibilities, in particular, with other implementing partners and government stakeholders such as the Federal Ministry of Health, National Tuberculosis, and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP), and the National Malaria Elimination Programme (NMEP).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The specific duties of this position will include:
- Review, implement and manage the current comprehensive social media strategy for the project which includes behavior change and communications objectives.
- Compile, classify and publish relevant Nigeria project-specific content on social media, global, quarterly, and bi-weekly newsletters (and its outline) for internal and external dissemination
- Define, monitor, and evaluate important social media analytics and trends to improve demand creation and SBC messaging.
- Collaborate with thematic units to commemorate health international and national awareness days
- Support the development and documentation of workshops, presentations, conference materials, abstracts, reports, and revision of training materials
- Assist capacity-building activities of BA-Nigeria staffs on knowledge management and documentation
- Collaborate with counterpart colleagues at FMOH and other implementing partners (IPs) to develop visually appealing content, conceptualize, schedule, and enact campaigns
- Leverage relationships with industry professionals and health influencers to push project content on the social media ecosystem.
- Provide coordination and documentation support of web-based and physical meetings with partners and BA-Nigeria staff.
- Coordination, planning, and administrative support of periodic brown-bag meetings with partners and BA-Nigeria staff.
- Alongside the knowledge management unit, develop field success, and human-interest stories.
- Based on the social media strategy and knowledge management workplan, develop, and evaluate specific social media campaigns as required by each thematic area.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Social / Health Sciences, Mass Communication, Information Communications Technology, Public Administration or related discipline is required.
- Experience carrying out related task with a donor-funded project is desirable;
- Knowledge of standard social media algorithms is a must for this role.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving skills and attention to details is essential;
- Knowledge of key health sector players in the public and aid sectors in Nigeria required;
- Knowledge of standard INGO administrative procedures is essential.
- Strong communication skills (written & spoken) in English language and one or more Nigerian language(s) is required;
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Excellent skill in social media campaign management is required;
- Previous work experience implementing USAID-funded or donor-funded health programs is strongly preferred;
- Exquisite experience using at least 2 relevant social media applications;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter / Expression of Interest and CV as a single PDF file saved with their full names to: [email protected] The subject of the email should be the vacancy title. e.g. Social Media Assistant II.
Note: Candidates that do not comply with application instruction will be disqualified
Application Deadline 20th January, 2021.