- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 7 – 10 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field ICT / Computer
Job number: 867951
Travel: 0-25 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Full-Time
Mission / Overview
- The Microsoft device ecosystem is evolving rapidly. As we’ve evolved our Windows Update capability for a SaaS delivery model, we’ve learned how important it is for the update experience to harmonize with our mission to empower users to be more productive. User experience and productivity is materially impacted when updates go wrong, when updates aren’t coordinated, or when updates aren’t installed in a timely manner. This is as true on PCs and Macs as it is on digital signs, security cameras, connected vehicles and other IoT device workloads.
- Microsoft is uniquely positioned, with our cloud and intelligence capabilities and a track record of performing software servicing and delivery at unmatched scale, to deliver an intelligent software update platform and experience that disappears into the background of modern life and modern work.
- Our teams charter is to build an Azure service aimed at our commercial customers and partners that can drive efficiency into their app validation workloads, with intelligence and tools to manage it. We believe in being experimental, learning constantly, being scrappy while bringing order to disorder, helping each other as humans and professionals to be our best possible selves. We believe great ideas come from a diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and cognitive styles.
- We actively create an environment where everyone’s ideas can be heard and can contribute toward a much better end result. We live and breathe Microsoft’s mission to empower every single person and organization on the planet to achieve more.
- Translate customer demand signals into release priorities, and ensure business growth
- Engage directly with customers, ISV’s and SI’s, at the CIO/CTO level, supporting executive briefings and innovation partnerships.
- Discover innovation scenarios that make Azure the cloud of choice for app validation.
- Establish adoption strategies and execution plans to drive growth
- Drive decisive action in partnership with other Microsoft field team and deliver results that depend on other divisions and external partners.
- Remove customer barriers to cloud adoption around the world.
- Minimum of 7-10 years product development engineering experience with at least 4 years as a Program Manager
- Demonstrated track record of defining a technology/product vision, building partner commitment around it, and successfully delivering on time.
- Detail oriented and results driven.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proven track record of executing and managing cross-team projects.
- Excellent skill in authoring precision functional specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with peers and leadership on a regular rhythm.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and with ambiguity.
- Technical depth in feature and cross-dependency architectures.
- Ability to understand a range of hardware/software technologies.
- Ability to drive clarity in chaos and organize people’s workload
- Strong focus on engineering excellence and culture
- Ability to work well with and articulate ideas to people: customers, developers, UX designers, executives.
- Familiarity with fundamentals of cloud-native services
- Linux, Mac and open source project experience
- Familiarity with Live Site and DevOps best practices
- Microservice architecture
- Container technologies
- Experience with ML/AI and statistics
- Experience developing APIs and coding.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work:
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away.
Method of Application
Note: Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Interested and qualified? Go to Microsoft on careers.microsoft.com to apply