- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 7 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
Our client is a new and upcoming leading provider of world-class healthcare services in Lagos, with the aim of providing prompt, efficient and high-quality healthcare services to their patients. Our client believes in equipping patients with medical information to empower them to make informed decisions regarding their health management/healthy lifestyle.
As a result of expansion and strategic initiatives aimed at delivering increased value to patient experience, career opportunities exist for high performing professionals that can contribute in a rapidly growing organization.
The Senior Nursing Officer will be responsible for supervising the nursing team and ensure the delivery of professional and efficient nursing services to patients at all times. She will deliver care within the boundaries of her role, focusing upon supporting patients to be healthy, disease prevention and screening activities. She will work collaboratively with the rest of the practice team to meet the needs of patients.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure uniformity and promptness in the delivery of professional and efficient nursing services to patients.
- Conduct and input information on patients ’vital signs and procedures into the EMR system, register and relevant forms.
- Direct and supervise the team of nursing officers
- Ensure proper management of the medical wards
- Ensures sterile and healthy patient environment
- Provide and ensure skilled care for patients
- Facilitate collaborative care for patients.
- Assist Doctors’ in suturing procedures and to set up lines for admitted patients under observation.
- Distribute as required, issued medical brochures and relevant medical information to ensure patients are well informed about topics such as childbirth, disease prevention and sexual health.
- Prepare patients for physical examinations, observations, urinalysis, procedures, treatment, and pre-employment screenings.
- Orchestrate various procedures such as wound dressing, incision and draining, injection administration, vaccinations, ear piercing, ear syringing and suture removal.
- Administer patients’ health checklist(s).
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of patients’ medical history, vital signs conducted procedures.
- Prepare examination rooms and sterilize medical instruments before and after us
- Prepare daily immunization report
- Conduct and input information on patients ’vital signs and procedures into the EMR system, register and relevant forms
- Co-operatively work with colleagues to maintain a professional learning culture.
- Liaise with the accounts officer to generate list and rates of stock items to be procured/replenished.
- Carry out such other related duties as assigned to the nursing team
Qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. (Additional qualification or any other relevant additional degree would be an advantage)
- Minimum of 7 years post-qualification experience covering different aspects of nursing, especially immunization and family planning.
Key competencies and attributes
- Good documentation ability to prepare high quality summaries and reports
- Computer literate (previous experience in use of electronic medical record system would be an asset)
- Be able to respectfully motivate and lead a team/ work with minimal supervision
- Be able to negotiate and handle end-to-end procurement
- Diligent and hardworking
- Detail oriented and ability to multitask
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good team player with proven organizational and administrative skills
- An uncompromising focus on excellent service delivery
- Should be pleasant, patient, and honest.
Please Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Method of Application
Please indicate your name and position as the subject of your email and send your cover letter and CV to: [email protected]
Please Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.