Senior Java Developer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field ICT / Computer
- Adexen has been mandated by one of its clients a Leading company in the Information Technology industry to recruit a Senior Java Developer to manage and improve efficiency for its operations in Lagos Nigeria
- Creates user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based components and interfaces
- Design, develop, test, and maintain high-quality scalable web applications and services in java ecosystem.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications.
- Identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues.
- Participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems.
- Delivering high-availability and performance.
- Designs and develops user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout the development life cycle; determining design methodologies and toolsets.
- Designing and conducting tests.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Support and maintain applications in a production environment, when necessary.
- Coach and mentor junior members of staff.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors in Science (or higher) in Computer Science, Engineering, or another relevant field.
- 5+ years hands-on experience of software development and depth knowledge of Java.
- Experience in Spring/Spring Boot, knowledge of Groovy/Grails is plus.
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL) and ORM frameworks.
- Solid understanding of API, microservice, and integration concepts and technologies, such as REST, JSON, XML, message queues.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools.
- Performance analysis of JVM applications, understanding of threading, concurrency, and problems that can result from concurrent processing.
- Familiarity with containers and logging/monitoring solutions.
- Experience with GCP, AWS, Azure, or any other public cloud platform.
- Knowledge of traditional build systems (Gradle, Maven).
- Knowledge of Agile / Scrum process, language, and ceremonies.
- Willingness to travel abroad if required.
- Good knowledge of English.
Method of Application
Note: We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to Adexen on www.adexen.com to apply