- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 7 years
- Location Other
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
- This position is for a proposal the organization is working on. The Senior Auditor will be responsible for the planning and assessment of the audit approach and the review of supporting documentation at the central and program implementation sites including health centers.
- The audits will assess the current and potential future arrangements for ongoing and prospective grants.
During Audit Planning:
- Meeting with grant recipients and in-country stakeholders to discuss any matters that may have a bearing on the audit.
- Undertaking a preliminary review of the policies, systems, processes, and internal controls in managing the grants.
- Assessment of the grant implementers’ risk management and internal control systems, in the areas of financial management, procurement, fraud risk and IT general controls assessment.
- Review process documentation conduct detailed interviews with the auditees and prepare detailed documentation (in the form of narratives, flowcharts, or other methods) to document complex flow of funds and financial processes.
After Audit Planning:
- Review of the draft audit programs to agree on the approach of the audit
- Interviews with relevant staff of the implementers and in-country stakeholders
- Collection and review of relevant documents and information
- In-country field work at the central level and selected program sites
- Performance of detailed testing procedures based on agreed work program steps
- Preparation of working papers and summaries of observations for each work team
- Prepare for fact checking and debriefs with in-country stakeholders
- Holding debriefing meetings with the grant recipients and other stakeholders in the country and with the Global FundТs Secretariat staff managing the country portfolio
- Preparation of the report
- Qualified Certified accountant / Degree in Accounting or relevant field
- A minimum of seven years auditing experience, preferably including experience in the audit of health-related grant programs and monitoring & evaluation systems in the non-profit/public sector in developing countries.
- Ability to assess risks and existing controls to mitigate those risks
- Preferably experienced in auditing procurement and supply management of health-related commodities and non-health related purchases.
- Preferably experienced in fraud detection techniques.
- Ability to supervise small teams
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills; Report-writing skill in English
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Negotiation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office programs
- Ability to demonstrate accountability and integrity
- Ability to show tactfulness, consideration, and respect for others
- Ability to display cultural sensitivity, and adaptability in interaction with people of different backgrounds.
- Irreproachable behaviour a must.
- Excellent ability to communicate in English, and French both verbally and in writing.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover Letter (addressing previous related work and how you intend to carry out this project), Certificates, Daily Rates in USD and Proof of previous work related to position (e.g final project reports, reference letters and completion certificates) to: [email protected] with “Job Title” as the subject, e.g: ‘Junior Financial Auditor’ or Senior Financial Auditor”