Senior Field Service Engineer – Automation, Control & Electrical Distribution
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , OND
- Experience 5 – 6 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Ref Id: 0069EL
- The installed Service Engineer ensures complex installation, maintenance and repair on customer installed base
- Identify new opportunities while attending customer sites to promote Services growth
- Development of engineering design for Power SCADA solution and installation of the solution, testing and commissioning.
- Work within project teams to design, develop and test high quality PLC control systems, HMI and SCADA programs and interfaces
- Integration of PLC and other equipment on the SCADA network.
- Implementation of OPC server /Client solution for SCADA network.
- Advise customers on best practice, new services and upgrade opportunities
- Perform Startup/Commissioning on equipment across the Schneider Electric product portfolio.
- Perform Preventive, scheduled and unscheduled Maintenance on equipment
- Track Installed Base (serviceable assets)
- Submit Opportunity Detected during his interventions
- Support serviceable Schneider equipment including but not limited to: electrical switchgear, HVAC/CRAC systems, UPS systems, PDUs, RPPs, BMS systems, PLCs, HMIs, Drives, security, access control, CCTV and fire alarm and suppression systems…
- Leads or contributes to Field Services small projects coordination and execution on customer site (end of life, modernization, upgrade, …).
- Perform basic audits of customer’s electrical systems and equipment.
- Document all required information for each site (technical report)
- Get signature from customer for acceptance after the execution of the on-site work
- Provide daily and accurate time and expense for each customer intervention
- Properly document, label, and return all defective parts utilized in the repair of equipment to the designated disposal/repair location.
- Develop innovative solutions to more complex technical problems that arise during start-up.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new products or equipments upgrades that will meet customer needs.
- Assist Schneider Electric Service Partners in site visits, evaluating technical and professional performance.
Requirement / Qualifications
- Technical diploma in Engineering
- Minimum of 5-6 years active project/services execution in industrial automation) in a technical service field
- Prior experience in a services role, supporting clients is an added advantage
- Good understanding of the medium voltage network
- Ability to work effective on Automation network for System Control
- Ability to Configure Power Monitoring Expert for Monitoring the power network.
- Ability to Comprehend and understand the Schneider Electric Industry products in order to execute projects and to support internal & external
- Knowledge in Industrial networks, Schneider PLC’s, Citect and Wonderware) is an added advantage
- Ability to configure Twido PLC and Magelis HMI for remote operation is an added advantage
- Able and willing to travel up to approximately 20% of your time.
- Good understanding of the medium voltage network.
- Ability to write reports and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Must have proven skill level to interpret blueprints and other service documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Schneider Electric Nigeria on schneiderele.taleo.net to apply