Senior Cloud Security and Architectural Engineer-AWS
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 4 – 10 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field ICT / Computer
- Design and develop security architectures for cloud and cloud/hybrid based systems. Possess a firm understanding of the offerings within VmWare, Amazon Web Services (AWS). Based on business requirements, design and implement cloud-native architectures and designs that will allow those requirements to be met with a minimal degree of risk to Organization and with appropriate security controls present.
- Represents Security Platform in development and implementation of the overall global enterprise cloud architecture. Acts as the ambassador and senior technical representative for Enterprise Security while engaging with other senior technical leaders throughout organization in design and implementation of cloud and cloud/hybrid based implementations and solutions. Works with Engineering, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development organizations to choose appropriate technology solutions and facilitates complete integration into the company environments. Develops standards in partnership with Engineering, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development.
- Leads initiatives designed to share knowledge across Security Platforms and/or Technology teams. Identifies, recommends, coordinates, deliver timely knowledge to support teams regarding technologies, processes or tools. Develops and executes strategies to increase Cloud Security knowledge throughout the enterprise.
- Build and maintain an AWS cloud infrastructure architecture aligning security, compliance, performance and resilience.
- Provide expertise and best practices for implementing cloud security (internal) and product security (external)
- Assess architectures and designs for security vulnerabilities and suggest and implement proper alternatives
- Oversee the management and remediation of identified security flaws within our development platforms
- Build and maintain monitoring, auditing, and reporting frameworks that produces artifacts that support security and compliance needs
- Build and maintain a set of tools that enable developers to self-serve for most operational tasks
- College degree or/equivalent and 6 years related work experience,
- Required 5 years experience with Security Architect and/or Engineering.
- 5 years experience with Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS
- Experience architecting solutions within Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes (secure software development (Application Security), data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security) within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments.
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc).
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, preferred.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
- Significant knowledge of security best practices for client-server product architectures, focusing predominantly on cloud-based server development
- Significant knowledge of AWS systems, including EC2, IAM, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Config, Lambda, Security Groups, VPCs, WAF, Guard Duty, Inspector, etc.
- Experience with cloud-based security management/IDS/IPS/SIEM tools, such as Splunk, Dome9, AlienVault, AlertLogic, Fortinet, Threat Stack, etc.
- Programming or scripting experience with a popular modern language utilized by above tools (github, Java, Nodejs, Database etc.
- Experience extracting pertinent security data from SIEM solutions and AWS audit, logs, and reports
- Life-long learner – always looking to stay up to date with latest attack vectors, vulnerabilities, remediation and protection paradigms, etc.
- Self-motivated, proactive, driven individual
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below.