- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 7 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
- We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Senior Business Development Officer (SBDO) to drive the expansion of our clientшle.
- The candidate is expected to define and direct the long term organisation strategic goals and will have the expertise to create and apply an effective sales strategy for the company products.
- He/She will contribute to longer-term market research and trends analysis, as well as support development of country and regional-level business strategies, management, mentoring and coaching of assigned team members as expected.
- The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth by boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients. You will play a pivotal role in the organization from owning strategic and operational projects, through to business planning and metrics. Leverage your experience in management consulting, business development or transformational operations to help the Company successfully drive growth and increase market leadership through new offerings, disruptive business models, operational efficiency and planning for future growth.
- The role will involve developing and leading target market engagement strategy, as well as leading product development and delivery.
This role will be accountable for driving rigor, discipline and executive-level output across all identified business strategies, and business development planning efforts which includes:
- To participate and lead in cross-functional business growth efforts including facilitation, business case development and execution.
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Promote the company’s products/services, predicting clients objectives by Identify and assessing clients/customers needs to achieve satisfaction.
- Generate, identify new sales leads, potential new markets, planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives, pitching products and/or services to increase customer base.
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers by increasing organization networks and developing partnerships.
- Conduct regular periodic research to identify new markets and customer needs.
- Experience creating analytical models/tools and ability to communicate results to inform sound strategic and tactical decisions.
- Prepare, plan and execute sales campaigns ranging from targeting to execution including:
- Experience/expertise in process and meeting facilitation.
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients, make presentations and sales displays.
- Contact clients regularly and informing them about new developments in the company’s products
- Develop sound, tailored proposals to new clients and prospects.
- Prepare sales contracts ensuring adherence to law-established rules and guidelines, and the presentation of contract documents.
- Write performance weekly reports and provide feedback to executive management while maintaining accurate and timely electronic files /information in database.
- Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support by periodically visiting agents from time to time to enhance product/service satisfaction
- Work with program officers, country representatives, and other staff to conceptualize and design proposals for new project activities and/or amendments to current projects
- Strong consultative and advisory skills. Demonstrated excellence in influence and leadership, ability to build trust, is a team leader and player who motivates and educates other team members and understands the value of interpersonal relationship building.
- Facilitate or support bid decision-making conversations
- Build a network of professional business contacts within VoguePay’s industry; negotiate partnership arrangements and budgets; coordinate teaming agreements, memoranda of understanding, and other institutional agreements with partner
- Engage with VoguePay’s internal technical network and represent the organization at external events, Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Perform other related duties as may be delegated to you from time to time.
Requirements, Skills and Abilities
Educational / Qualification And Experience:
- BA / Master’s / MBA degree will be handy.
- Preferred in Sales, Business Administration/Management, Marketing and/or other business development-related fields. Professional qualification and other relevant advanced certifications/qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Your application should indicate along with your CV, three (3) references as well as sample sales collateral that you have been instrumental in preparing and indications/proofs of past successes.
- Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts across board.
- Strong understanding of VoguePay’s strategy and how tasks contribute to the greater good
- Consistently works within internal process and procedures
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills
- Engagement in corporate initiatives.
- Strong planning and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make a presentation
- Ability to problem-solve difficult issues
- Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
- Good negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Strong understanding of budgets
- Good experience in one of VoguePay’s technical areas or support functions.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the payment industries guidelines, policies and regulations.
- Demonstrated experience building and executing strategic frameworks
- A proven track record of sales achievement in the industry and related business environment
- Demonstrated leadership in building and operationalizing business cases
- A minimum of 7 years demonstrable sales excellence capability and business development experience in relevant fields, at least three (3) of which are at a senior/ supervisory level.
- Effective communicator and strong presentation skills
- Well organised – the ability to structure and execute a sales pitch
- Flexibility to thrive and adapt in high growth, fast-paced, evolving industry
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals
- A track record of developing strong customer relationships while meeting and exceeding business targets/quotas.
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- A candidate bringing an established network of target market contacts to the company is a definite plus
- Time management and planning skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.