- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 7 years
- Location Adamawa , Bauchi , Ebonyi , Gombe , Sokoto
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
- DAI, a global consulting firm, seeks candidates for a USAID-funded governance program to be implemented in Adamawa, Bauchi, Ebonyi, Gombe, and Sokoto.
- The purpose of the “State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness” (“State2State”) Activity is to increase the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of selected state and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria.
- This will be achieved by: strengthening governance systems (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation) related to the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene [WASH]); increasing government responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict (through work on prevention, mitigation and reconciliation with the same sectoral partners, not stand-alone assistance to the police or judiciary).
- State2State will achieve this purpose by facilitating the strengthening of subnational governance systems in a sustainable manner, supporting the efforts of local reformers and building on locally-derived solutions including, to the extent possible, reforms already working in other parts of Nigeria.
DAI announces interest for senior and mid-level experts with governance expertise in the areas listed below — particularly at the state / municipal / LGA level — with significant work experience in Adamawa, Bauchi, Ebonyi, Gombe, and Sokoto to submit CVs:
- Public Financial Management with expertise in one or more of following areas: Public Expenditure and Financial Accountability assessments, budgeting, procurement, audit, internal controls, domestic resource mobilization
- Citizen / Civil Society Organization (CSO) engagement and capacity building
- Conflict prevention and resolution
- Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI)
- Local governance and service delivery. Must have experience working with local and state governments
- Operations, finance, grants, and administrative support staff
- Must demonstrate at least 7 years of technical or operational experience in above listed areas
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Must have prior work experience on USAID (preferable) and/or international donor-funded programs.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply for these positions.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
Note: DAI will only contact short-listed candidates. No phone inquiries, please.