Renewable Energy Project Engineer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 8 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
- Identify energy savings opportunities and make recommendations to achieve more energy efficient operation.
- Conduct energy audits to evaluate energy use, costs, or conservation measures
- Conduct research or collect data on renewable or alternative energy systems or technologies such as solar, thermal and photovoltaic energy.
- Train personnel or clients on topics such as energy management.
- Prepare project reports and other program or technical documentation.
- Design, develop and build renewable energy technologies
- Prepare detailed schedules of work, feasibility studies and cost estimates
- Check site and ground conditions for the installation of renewable technologies, such as wind turbines
- Carrying out site and ground condition inspections for new and existing sites
- Using computer modelling software to produce detailed designs and energy production estimates
- Ensuring that the installation and running of renewable energy sites meets environmental laws
- Preparing project plans, schedules of work and cost estimates
- Managing the integration of the renewable energy produced into existing systems
- Writing and presenting technical reports
- Liaising with energy providers, contractors and other engineering and professionals.
- MSc / BSc / HND in Electrical Electronics engineering, Physics-Electronics
- At least 8 years of related experience in power systems (engineering part).
- Preferably COREN registered
- General understanding of the energy market in Nigeria
- Knowledge of relevant legislation surrounding energy efficiency and carbon emissions
- Good communication, Project management, Organizational and negotiation skills
- IT skills, including knowledge of 3D software such as AutoCAD
- Initiative and the ability to recognize emerging problems and proactively develop solutions.
- Familiar with renewable energy systems, inverter controls, protection settings, substation and line designs.
- Experience in solar projects and/or grid projects
- Experience in the tendering phase
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature.
- Interpret electrical diagrams and drawings
- Good knowledge of energy storage systems
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.