Company: Coal City University (CCU)
Number of Slot: 1
Specialization: Education / Teaching / Training
Work Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Type: Contract
Experience: 5-7 years
Coal City University (CCU) in Enugu State of Nigeria is a not-for-profit private university established in 2016. The University is a globally focused and fast-rising university in Nigeria. The University aspires to be a world-class centre of learning and research that will produce well-rounded, entrepreneurial, and globally employable graduates.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Registrar
Job Location: Enugu
- Coal City University hereby announces that the position of Registrar will be vacant by 2nd Feb 2021. The University is conducting a nation and international search for a Registrar.
- The Governing Council hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the post.
- The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the appointment is made. Interested applicants are requested to note the following information:
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University except as regards academic and financial matters.
- The Registrar carries an enormous responsibility. Promotion of the welfare and discipline of a thriving workforce comprising academic and non-teaching staff relies largely on the capability and quality leadership the Registrar can provide.
- The Registrar is, by virtue of that office, Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
- Candidates must possess a good honours Degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division in Humanities or related disciplines obtained from a recognised University and significant administrative and professional experience
- A minimum of five years at the senior professional level in a University or organisation of comparable standing. Membership of recognised professional bodies will be added advantage.
- The candidate shall be a person of rounded character and personality with excellent interpersonal relations.
- He / She must be able to instil confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people.
- He / She must fully understand the complexity of a University system and be capable of bringing out the best in the subordinates and effectively utilise the University human resources to attain a world class administrative system.
- Candidates must have a private sector orientation, must be Information and Communication Technology (ICT) compliant and be a good team player.
- He / She must be of pleasant disposition, high integrity and strong moral character so as to inspire and maintain discipline among staff and students.
Terms of Appointment
The Registrar shall hold office for a single term of four (4) years only, on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please forward the following materials (Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and contact information of three professional references) electronically, and in confidence to: [email protected] with the Job title” as subject of the email.