- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Building and Construction
People Capacity Management is recruiting to fill the following role with our client, a prime construction & laundry company in Abuja.
Quantity Surveyor (Compliance)
The QS Compliance manages the cost on construction of projects. He/she will help to ensure that constructions on projects are completed within the budget. The officer shall be having an honest personality, unquestionable integrity and pay attention to details. He should be able to use MS word and Excel at a very professional level.
- Implement, monitor and manage an effective budget.
- Review and enhance company proposed budget against the bill of quantity.
- Advise management on the company’s compliance with Building British Standard, laws and regulations through detailed reports.
- Enhance and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
- Regularly vet company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risk.
- Assess company operations to determine compliance risk.
- Create sound internal controls and monitor adherence to them.
- Proactively audit processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses.
- Carry out regular market survey to ascertain budget details.
- Advise on the procurement of budgeted materials
- Ensure conformity of work quality with contractual documents
- Regular site visit and stocktaking to prevent misuse and proliferation
- He/she will be good will numeracy
- A good working knowledge of MS Excel and the ability to learn how to use specialist software
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work in a team
- The ability to negotiate
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work.
- Good analytical skills and honest personality
- At least five (5) years’ experience in construction or manufacturing is preferred.
- Able to work in a fast-paced production environment.
- First degree graduate of Quantity Surveyor from any recognized institution.
- Professional membership in Institute of Surveyors is an added advantage.
NOTE: APPLICANTS MUST RESIDE IN ABUJA
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.