The Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation (HSDF) is a not-for-profit foundation incorporated in 2013 with a mission to improve the quality of decision making and execution in the health sector through a focus on results at scale, providing analytical support, driving innovation, and substantive engagement with key stakeholders. HSDF is a platform for the implementation of effective ideas and innovative solutions and strives to address complex health systems and developmental challenges through a focus on evidence, rigor and continuous improvement whether in line with or diverging from the status quo.
HSDF works with the Federal and State Governments to improve the effectiveness of health service delivery to strengthen the performance of health systems and ensure a focus on results and outcomes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Health Bio-statistician
Requisition ID: 381
Employment Type: Contract
Reports to: Public Health Advisory, Team Lead
Duration: 6 months
- The Public Health Biostatistician will be responsible for the application of standard statistical methods for conducting analyses and preparing reports for relevant target audiences.
- This role will support all aspects of design, analysis, and result interpretation for relevant studies undertaken within programmes under the purview of the Public Health Advisory unit, support reports, scientific publications and articles for publication. Support will be extended to other units as required.
- This role will be responsible for study design, data management, and implementing quality control measures. In addition, responsibilities will include conducting interim analyses as well as developing final analysis plans, implementing the actual data analysis, and providing results files and reports that detail the statistical interpretation of study findings. The responsibilities also include documenting lessons learned from activities in a way that guides programme improvement.
Programme Execution – Central and State-based operations:
- Provide technical support for the attainment of programme/project goals and objectives.
- Build capacity of 3 Advisory team members to develop proficiency in higher-level data analysis.
- Conduct statistical analysis and prepare reports.
- Calculate medians quantities, percentiles and coefficients of correlation.
- Translate statistical results into real-world and policy applicable options for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Participate in providing ongoing thought partnership, knowledge transfer, and guidance to Partners.
- Support in the identification of barriers or gaps in program implementation and service delivery, and proffer solutions to address them.
- Utilize specialized computer/statistical software to address statistical and mathematical questions/issues related to Public Health research projects.
- Present and interpret the result of research findings in the form of reports and records, including detail and summary tables, graphs, and charts.
- Manage data for database storage and analysis (i.e. retrieve, clean, and/or reformat data) per the organization’s data management policies.
Partner mobilization, coordination, and communications:
- Support in the development of clear advisory and update guides for communication of research outputs with partners.
- Interface in conjunction with other team/HSDF members with external stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform analysis, including statistical analysis, of the Diabetes Awareness and Care (DAC) project baseline and end-line assessments.
- Write the report section (to ready for publishing standard) for a minimum of 2 papers/articles on both the DAC project baseline and end-line assessment.
- Train 3 Advisory members on higher-level data analysis and support integration of skills into routine project data analysis by developing a DAC project analysis plan.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- 5 years of experience in analysis and presentation of statistical data.
- Graduate degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, Public Health, Biology or other closely related fields.
- Ability to balance methodological rigor with practical concerns and pace or work.
- Scientific report writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Collaborative work style and strong work ethic.
- Doctoral-level degree with a focus in statistics, biostatistics or related field.
- Experience in statistics relevant to Public Health, including conception, execution and interpretation of statistics.
- Knowledge of public health principles and practices.
- Strong ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely (verbally and written) for a wide range of audiences (technical and non-technical) with differing needs.
- Able to conduct statistical analysis on large data set and prepare reports.
- Must have published in no less than 2 peer-reviewed articles in the last 2 years.
- Proficiency in the use of STAT, SPSS, Phyton, R or any other tool for data analysis.
This position generally requires an individual with strong exemplary experience in the application of statistical approaches and use of statistical analytics tools/software to public health programming, team-work, strong verbal and written communication skills and a passion for concrete impact in the health sector in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st January, 2021.