Company: ZOA international
Number of Slot: 1
Specialization: Project Management
Work Level: Manager (Staff Supervisor)
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: 3-5 years
ZOA are an international NGO with its Head Quarters in The Netherlands. ZOA offer RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA want to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. ZOA work in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia and have approximately 1000 employees worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Project Manager (FSL)
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Starting date: As soon as possible
ZOA’s Programme in Nigeria
- ZOA started operations in Nigeria in December 2016, supporting IDPs and returnees of Boko Haram affected states. In the selection of the beneficiaries, we pay careful attention to include the most vulnerable households. Continuously promoting community governance, inclusion, peace and stability in these fragmented and traumatized communities is a challenging but essential part of ZOA’s programme.
- ZOA currently have full team in Borno State; respond to the critical needs in Food Security and Livelihood and Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
Purpose of the Position
- The Project Manager is responsible for the overall implementation of the CBT/FSL project.
- He/she will manage, coordinate and supervise the project to ensure project goals and objectives are achieved in a timely, efficient and effective way.
- The project manager is based in Maiduguri with duties in Jere & Mafa LGAs.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Plan and ensure the effective implementation of CBT/FSL, including coordination, timely preparation of activities with the project management team and strict compliance to humanitarian principles/standards (i.e, CHS, Sphere Standards, HAP, PSEA, etc).
- Ensure training and daily management of staff on the application of procedures and modalities, and on the correct use of appropriate systems & tools (i.e., data collection tools, ZOA Manager, RedRose, etc).
- Ensure that CBT activities are implemented in compliance with the approved modalities, policies and sector standards.
- Coordinate project activities effectively, including coordination within the team, within the programme, with the local community, with the sector/other (I)NGOs and with Local Government Authorities (LGAs) and project accountability to beneficiaries and communities.
- Actively participate in and contribute to coordination activities (i.e., state and LGA level sector coordination meetings and activities, etc.)
- Undertake any required MEAL activities as outlined by the Manager of Programme Quality;
- Maintain and ensure proper on-line and off-line filing of all project related documentation relating directly to project activities to ensure accountability to donors and beneficiaries. This includes ZOA Manager and RedRose or any other CBT tool.
- Prepare monthly cash requirement forecast for all project activities.
- Provide up-to-date and inclusive information on project activities as requested and report timely on all project activities, including progress, achievements, lessons learnt and challenges.
- Maintain systems of communication, monitoring, support, training and accountability between management and field teams, ensuring consistency.
- Ensure that project performance is evaluated effectively, including coordinating internal and external performance review.
- Prepare evidence-based quality reports (donor reports, internal reports, coordination reports).
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to positively contribute to ZOA’s goals and objectives, and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned by the Programme Manager (PGM).
- Local government on State, LGA and Ward levels
- Community members, community leaders and community-based organizations (including Bulama’s and Lawan’s);
- (Inter)national organisations operating in the programme area including UN;
- Any other stakeholders in project implementation at community level;
- Project staff
- Programme and Country Management
- Any other ZOA staff
Provides leadership to:
- Project team of about 4 – 10 persons.
- University degree in relevant field
- Experience in cash-based programming including digital CBT management (e.g. RedRose)
- Proven working experience of 3 – 5 years in project management of which at least 1 year in project management;
- Experience working in a humanitarian context in deep field location
- Affinity with relief work and international NGO’s;
- Ability to write clear and concise reports;
- Knowledge in project cycle management and financial management
- Excellent in English in reading, writing and speaking;
- Good knowledge of local languages including Hausa and Kanuri (Shuwa-Arab an added advantage);
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word);
- Able to work in field locations, i.e., Jere & Mafa LGAs
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Good planning and organizational skills;
- Good coordination skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Able to work effectively in a team setting and individually;
- Participative leadership;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting;
- The candidate is expected to support the identity, vision, and mission of ZOA
- The duty station will be Maiduguri City, but the Project Manager will conduct day-to-day project activities in Jere and Mafa LGAs.
- ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team and good benefits and remuneration which suits the charities sector.
- Candidates from Borno State or other parts of Northeast Nigeria are preferred. Equally qualified females are encouraged.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should forward their CV and Cover Letter as one file (pdf format preferred) to: [email protected] clearly indicate the position applying for in the subject line of application.