- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 10 years
- Location Abia , Cross River , Gombe , Kaduna , Kano , Katsina , Kogi , Kwara , Nasarawa , Oyo , Plateau
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Ref Id: sfh-96132
Locations: Oyo (Ibadan), Plateau (Jos), Kwara (Ilorin), Gombe, Kaduna, Nasarawa (Lafia), Kogi (Lokoja), Kano, Katsina, Calabar and Abia (Umuahia).
Job Type: Full-time
- The Project Director (PD) will be the principal point of contact with the donor for a nutrition focussed project.
- S/he will provide overall leadership, management and general technical direction for the project.
- The PD must be highly analytical and a strategic thinker who ensures an integrated vision among different components and actors and focuses on achieving project deliverables.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Effective and efficient project management to ensure achievement of project objectives within budget and allotted time frames and set clear objectives and indicators for project activities.
- Contribute to development of an appropriate and effective nutrition project strategy including proactive planning for responsible exit.
- Continuously monitor and supervise project activities, evaluating progress through outputs and ensure positive impact for beneficiaries and other stakeholders using both quantitative and qualitative data, and take appropriate action as needed to ensure continued progress.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities according to applicable time frames and formats.
- Team management including performance and motivation and provision of continuous guidance and technical support
- Manage the project budget and ensure good financial management, including accountability and good governance and ensure quality assurance in project implementation
- Participate in relevant coordination meetings, collaborate, and build strong relationships with other implementing partners and stakeholders in the state
- A minimum of a master’s degree in Nutrition, Public Health, Health Administration, Management, Social Work, or a relevant field,
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience with progressively increasing responsibility designing, implementing, managing, and leading development projects in a developing country. Experience must include two to five (2-5) years prior experience as a Deputy Project Lead, Assistant Director and above in the public service or a similar senior leadership role providing technical direction and oversight for nutrition or related public health projects with a strong focus on field implementation
- Demonstrated experience of managing projects with a focus on behaviour change would be an added advantage,
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience to establish and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders, including government, CSOs and donors
Skills and Competencies:
- The successful candidate must be a person of integrity with excellent oral and written communication skills, highly analytical, with expert interpersonal, organizational, and cross-cultural skills.
- The person should have deep knowledge of Donors (bilateral and multilateral) operational rules, demonstrated ability manage a project successfully to meet its deliverables, a high level of creativity and innovation, ability to drive team performance to meet targets and able to maintain efficiency in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must have ability to exercise sound judgment to meet business strategies and develop objectives that align with organisational and project objectives.