Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Accountant
Req ID: sfh-04668
Job Type: Permanent
Department: Finance & Accounts
- The Project Accountant will be the lead expert for project financial management as well as for administrative, human resource and logistics management.
- S/he will be responsible for overseeing project accounting and finance/budget management including cash flow management, timely donor financial reporting such cash balance report, invoicing, financial reports and other financial reports using approved templates.
- S/he will be responsible for managing review processes including external audit review exercises in compliance with donor financial and accounting rules and regulations.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance,
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated experience with coordinating, analysing and reporting financial performance, financial forecasting, and budget variance analysis.
- Demonstrated experience managing operations, including managing people and performance.
- Must be a registered member of an accounting professional body (ICAN/ACCA).
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in overseeing financial management for donor funded projects
Skills and Competencies:
- The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, and organisational skills; a thorough understanding of USAID and DFID financial guidelines and rules, international accounting standards and Nigerian tax and fiscal policies.
- Hands-on experience using an ERP and business management MIS with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Requires a high level of creativity and innovation and the ability to maintain operational efficiency in a fast-paced work environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 10th July, 2020.