- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Abuja
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES
The core role of the Grant Writer/ Fundraiser is to research information and write robust proposals that fulfill the requirements of international and local funding and partnership bodies that match the Foundation’s. In sum, the Grant Writer/ Fundraiser will:
- Research and identify individual donors and funding organisations
- Develop proposals that fulfil the requirements of the potential funding bodies
- Keep records of all grants written and efficiently track the proposals including progress and requests for information during the period of assessment of proposals by the funding bodies.
- Monitor progress of fundraising drives.
- Secure commitments of participation or donation from individuals or corporate donors.
- Create or update donor databases.
- Establish fundraising or participation goals for special events or specified time periods.
- Provide additional information on request by potential funding bodies.
- Monitor budgets, expense reports, or other financial data for fundraising organizations.
- Attend community events, meetings, or conferences to promote organizational goals or solicit donations or sponsorships.
- Contact corporate representatives, government officials, or community leaders to increase awareness of organizational causes, activities, or needs.
- Design or produce materials such as posters, Web sites, or newsletters to promote, market, or advertise fundraising events.
- Develop fundraising activity plans that maximize participation or contributions and minimize costs.
- Develop or implement fundraising activities, such as annual giving campaigns or direct mail programs.
- Direct or coordinate web-based fundraising activities, such as online auctions or donation Web sites.
- Plan and direct special events for fundraising.
Reporting Relationship: Senior Programs Manager.
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Excellent Verbal Communication
- Superior Writing, Editing and Research Skills
- Excellent Analytical and critical thinking Skills
- Strong IT Skills
- Ability to understand the needs of both the agency in need of funding and the organization that is offering the grant money
- Ability to use dropbox, sharepoint and goggle drive
- Being able to understand and execute complex instructions
- Strong attention to detail
At least a Bachelor degree in any discipline preferably in English, Literature, Mass Communications, Marketing, Advertisement, Sales and similar disciplines or a similar professional background in these disciplines
Method of Application
Applicants should send CVs to [email protected] using the job title as subject of the mail