Company: African Women on Board (AWB)
Number of Slot: 1
Specialization: Project Management
Work Level: Manager (Staff Supervisor)
Job Type: Full-Time
African Women on Board (AWB) is an African women led independent non-profit organisation dedicated to reshaping the future for African women and girls globally by mainstreaming their voices and fast tracking their trajectory into the leadership roles of the future. We work with partners worldwide to amplify African female voices, support their economic empowerment, and help to create a world in which women and girls of African heritage are given the tools and resources they need to fully realise their potential. Our activities are rooted in our vision of advancing narratives to improve realities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Program Manager
Job Location: Lagos
- African Women on Board is looking for a dynamic, people-forward Program Manager
- The ideal candidate will have a sharp mind and a proven ability to strategize and implement high-level program initiatives with a strong talent for research, project coordination, communication and execution
- You will be tasked with developing programs to support the organization’s strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals.
Objectives of this Role
- Strategize, implement, and maintain program initiatives that adhere to organizational objectives
- Develop and implement research strategy and goals
- Develop program assessment protocols for evaluation and improvement
- Maintain organizational standards of satisfaction, quality, and performance
- Oversee multiple projects and ensure program goals are reached
- Manage budget and funding channels for maximum productivity.
- Design programs and initiatives that align with AWB’s mission and support the organization’s goals
- Develop a research strategy for AWB and manage the full ecosystem of AWB’s strategy and research needs to support the organizations programmatic goals
- Provide leadership within the organization; identifying, engaging and structuring talent to drive organization and client objectives
- Identify project goals, research methods, variables and other parameters while leading in data collection and final outputs
- Identify partners from academia, development institutions, corporate and research organisations, think tanks to co-fund, co-brand or support research projects
- Develop and make recommendations on how to disseminate research findings to key stakeholders, donors, grantees, media etc.
- Generate new ideas for fundable, change-focused research projects and recommendations to bring these ideas to market
- Create high quality research proposals based on requirements from donors, funders and other key stakeholders
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct performance reviews, strategy development, and analyses as appropriate on organization and partner engagement programs
- Expand program offering and enhance the quality of existing programs through strategic collaborations
- Lead planning, budgeting, and timing of new initiatives
- Lead a coalition of partners to shape research projects and deliver project goals
- Schedule and forecast planning for special events that publicize the organization and its programs to the community
- Lead in the development of grants applications or proposals
- Develop evaluation methods to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement
- Coordinate and run events and workshops
- Ensure project milestones/goals are met and adhere to approved budgets
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of program status through its life cycle
- Develop industry partnerships, preserve relationships with individuals, organizations, and other relevant stakeholders
- Ensure relevant standards, process, and regulations are upheld.
It is important to us that you:
- Have a strong interest and passion for women’s issues
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree with relevant work experience. A Postgraduate Degree is a plus
- Are naturally curious, a critical thinker and find yourself continuously asking “Why?” and “What if?”
- Are a global thinker, design oriented, and creative
- Are professional, trustworthy, tactful and uphold a high level of confidentiality
- Able to manage projects from start to finish, produce written analytic products and demonstrate and affinity for working with data
- Are a problem solver with impeccable prioritising, organisational and time-management skills
- Are a strong leader bringing fresh energy and ideas to champion AWB’s mission
- Have exceptional communication skills – both written and oral – and the ability to translate research into relevant and actionable messages and soundbites
- Are able to lead small teams and to complete tasks with limited oversight and supervision
- Are able to interact with high-level individuals and organizations
- Are willing and able to travel occasionally
- Are able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team and in a fast-paced environment
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills: motivated, energetic, flexible, motivated, collegial with a can- do attitude
- Are able to develop productive relationships with colleagues, consultants, partners and others who contribute to program development and management.
- Demonstrate maturity and seasoned judgment with the ability to make decisions and justify recommendations
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and G Suite. Knowledge of design software such as Adobe Creative Suite or Canva will be a plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.