Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Location: Monguno, Borno
Job type: Full Time
Start date: As Soon As Possible
Direct Line Manager: Procurement Officer
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1 – General Procurement Activities:
- Obtain quotations for both direct and negotiated procedures within a week of assignment.
- Negotiate with suppliers for competitive pricing.
- Support the Procurement Officer in the negotiation procedure and framework agreements processes
- Support the Procurement officer in cash forecasting reports twice monthly
- Create electronic archives for all Procurement documents
- Organize all electronic copies of DNs into one server location (kitlog path)
- Liaise with all staff for individual requests
- Liaise with all Logistics
- Update the weekly price list.
- Update PFU with dispatch information weekly.
- Update other PFU lines as assigned by the procurement officer weekly.
- Update CFU as assigned by Procurement Officer weekly
- Add a name extension for all PDs and PRs by a summary of their content for easier identification on the server store – continuous
- Create Delivery Notes/waybills
- Track all deliveries and receipt acknowledgments.
- Consolidate any quality/quantity received feedback as appears on returned DNs and report to the procurement officer
- Minimum of National Diploma in Logistics & Supply Chain Management / any Technical field is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of office administration and procurement experience.
Skills and Experience
- Some experience in Logistics and stock control
- Good capacity to work in a team
- Knowledge of English
- Excellent Computer Skills, MS Word, MS Excel
- Highly motivated, and flexible.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience in working for NGO
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working with local/international NGO
Minimum Monthly Basic Salary
NGN156,995 per month
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 15th July, 2020