- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 2 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Logistics  , Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the overall supervision of the Resources Management Officer in Abuja; functional supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer in Abuja and direct supervision of the Resources Management Officer in Lagos, and in close coordination with the other relevant Units, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the Procurement and Logistics activities of the Lagos Sub-Office.
- IOM procurement and supply chain activities are guided by the general principles of:
- Best Value for Money;
- Accountability, Integrity and Transparency;
- Fairness and effective Competition; and,
- Best Interest of IOM.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Manage and conduct overall Procurement & Logistics actions within Lagos Sub-Office, including property and assets control, supply, and contractual agreements for services and maintenance.
- Take responsibility for all planning, implementation and monitoring aspects related to procurement and logistics needs in Lagos Sub-Office.
- Liaise with the RMO, the Program Managers and Head of Sub-Office regarding all Procurement, Logistics and service requirements, in order to consolidate overall procurement (or service) requirements and optimize purchasing power; propose and implement strategic adjustments towards increasing the effectiveness and accuracy of all Procurement & Logistic procedures.
- Analyse procurement requests, identify service providers, and evaluate information regarding vendor’s performance concerning the quality, prices, and delivery of goods in view of the Organization’s best interests.
- Assist Programme Managers in preparing bidding documents for the tendering of projects and issuing calls for proposals, oversee bidding processes, solicit bids, quotations and tender documents, evaluate and select suppliers, and confirm terms of payment. Support all procurement transactions and analyse them for conformity with specified requirements.
- Follow-up on purchase orders status and keep Programme Managers abreast with estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions; ensure all expected merchandise is received in accordance with PO specifications, and that all goods are in good condition.
- Create and maintain the database of vendor, contractor accreditation and evaluation status to ensure a pool of reliable service providers to address the needs of the Country Office.
- Establish and monitor a tracking system for purchase requisitions raised in the Sub-Offices; organize and maintain proper filing systems.
- Undertake physical inventory of the assets in the Sub-Offices and update it on a periodic basis; implement effective systems for assets management; ensure that appropriate record is kept on assets disposal.
- Direct and supervise stockroom management practices, in order to ensure there is no undue overstocking or loss.
- Manage and supervise the overall maintenance and repair of office facilities, including preventive maintenance. Establish maintenance agreements with competent service providers when it is feasible and determined to be cost effective.
- Assist in the coordination of vehicle controls, supervision of drivers and management of staff movements.
- Ensure safe running condition of the fleet, and transportation of IOM staff on official business; monitor accuracy of records according the Vehicle Logbook, Servicing/Maintenance records & Fuel Consumptions.
- Supervise and, train staff dedicated to the above duties and responsibilities.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or Management, Procurement and Logistics or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
NB: Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
- Experience in preparing narrative and financial project reports, statements and/or projections;
- Experience in coordinating logistical needs of community-based reintegration projects is an added advantage;
- Experience within the International Humanitarian Field and within the organizations of the UN Common System;
- Extensive experience in the field of Procurement & Logistics, Supply Chain, and other related fields;
- Demonstrated experience in liaising with donors, governmental authorities, other national / international institutions, and NGOs;
- Working experience in the region is an asset.
- Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to analyses complex problems and identify and convey clear, rapid solutions;
- Effective resource management skills;
- Ability to supervise staff and coordinate administrative activities;
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain, administration and evaluation techniques and practices;
- Good level of computer literacy, including database applications;
- Strong general analytical skills.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
- Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and / or oral assessments.
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link: https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf
- Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based intervie
- Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations.
- Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
- The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
- IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
Important Information and Notice
- Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all
- IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
- For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates
- Candidates from the following non-represented member states:
- Antigua and Barbuda; Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Cook Islands; Cuba; Djibouti; Fiji; Gabon; Grenada; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Luxembourg; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
- Second tier candidates include:
- All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
Interested and qualified? Go to International Organization for Migration – IOM on recruit.iom.int to apply