- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 4 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Department: Infrastructure Facilities
Function: Infrastructure Operations Job Grade: Officer
Reporting to: Infrastructure Facilities Manager Location: Lagos
Travel Frequency: None Date: 07/02/2020
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday (8am – 5pm)
Purpose of the Job (Brief)
- Responsible for the operations, maintenance and repair of the Electrial Power systems at the Data
- Centres and Point of Presence (POP) owned by the organisation.
- Deliverables (Maximum 5-6 key responsibilities)
- Expected Key Results (Detailed KPIs)
- Operation and Maintenance of various brands and model of electrical power units according to their document operating procedure.
- Execute preventive maintenance schedules with/without third party vendors and update relevant documentation and checklist.
- Maintenance of various types of electrical power systems e.g. Switchgear, UPS, Generating sets, Rectifiers& Inverters, Battery systems, AVR, ATS units, Transformers, PDU/PMM units.
Ensure the Quality of Service of the Data Centre Infrastructure by:
- Continuous monitoring of Power system.
- Reporting on the operational status of the Powers systems across Data Centres, and POP.
Track trending operational characteristics
- Monitor and respond to abnormal conditions in the UPS system, generators and ATS.
- Maintain detailed and up-to-date records of operational issues for audits and SLA related purposes.
- Ensure operational efficiency of colocation services of the Data Centre.
- Follow the good application of change and incident ticket linked to customers; Respect ITIL processes, incidents and changes to SLA.
Demonstrate (Key competencies)
- This section requires an overview of the education, experience and skills required to do the job at a
- satisfactory level. It is not a list of the jobholder’s qualification.
- Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills:
- At least an Higher National Diploma (HND) in either Electrical and Electronics or other related disciplinces.
- Possession of relevant industry certification or trainings in Electrical Power systems installation, maintenance, and/or repairs.
- Knowledge of equipment installation, electrical and mechanical repairs, wielding and fabrication, and safety and compliance.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems and Microsoft office suite.
- Adept at conducting tests to identify faults.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Candidate must be able to lift, push and pull up to 20kg.
- Candidate must be able to tolerate temperature of below 20° C for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external third parties.
- At least 4 years of previous work experience in a Data Centre Operations environment or equivalent.
- Experience troubleshooting breakdowns and repairing electrical power systems devices and components.
- Experience with Portable Appliance Test System.
- Experience in maintenance planning, scheduling and associated maintenance work.
- Experience with Data Centre
- Infrastructure Management (DCIM)
- tools will be an added advantage.
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Self Development
- Nimble Learning
PO Approval: None
No. of vendors: None
No. of direct reports: None
Impact of position
Impact on customers (Please select one of the options below):
Type of customers
Mainly Internal Mainly External
Method of Application
CVS should be forwarded to [email protected] with Positions indicated as subject.