- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 7 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Job Objective / Purpose of Job
- The Planner plans, schedules, coordinates and / or monitors the flow of work through the complete project cycle and provides timely planning and scheduling of projects in order to achieve both internal financial goals and customer delivery dates.
Job Duties / Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Schedule management: The planner oversees the overall project and program schedule management ensuring its quality (logic, clarity) and accuracy (update of dates, reflection of the scope of the project and program).
- Coordination: the planner will be collaborating with withal the execution functions (engineering, procurement, and all departments) to ensure overall quality and accuracy of the schedule.
- Project management support: The planner works directly with the project or program manager and as such will provide him/her visibility on:
- Look ahead of tasks to be performed
- Risks in schedules and mitigation actions
- Opportunities in the schedule. The planner will provide relevant reports to project manager / Management to ensure the Project Manager has all the tools required to make the right decisions driving on time and on budget project execution.
- Project or Program execution monitoring, evaluation, reporting and control.
- Implementation of the integrated project planning initiative: the planner will adhere to the approved processes and proactively drive implementation of new initiatives leading to fully integrated planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Equivalent in Engineering / Math / Science degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in project engineering, of which 5 years in project planning of Oil and Gas industry or a related large-scale mechanical manufacturing or controls equipment environment, with at least 3 years at supervisory level.
- IOC Experience is preferred.
- Expertise in use of the Primavera P6 planning tool or MS Project. Prior experience with ERP systems are very essential
- Certification as Project Management Professional by the Project Management Institute (PMI) will be a great advantage
Required Key Skill:
- Clear thinking: Ability to understand the status of a project and link the schedule to the reality of the execution. The planner will quickly understand the risks and opportunities in the schedule, identify and drive appropriate actions.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Deadline, achievement and target orientated.
- Ability to demonstrate sound work ethic, communicate professionally with senior management and personnel of all stakeholders.
- Clear verbal and written communication in English.
- Attention to detail with ability to understand the big picture within the context of benefitting the organization.
- Exceptional attention to detail, and talent for accuracy and precision
- Analytical Skills
- Ethical Practice
- Critical Evaluation
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] with the “Job position” as email subject.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.