- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
Reports to: Clinical Lead
- The occupational therapist is responsible for empowering patients to participate more fully in daily tasks when this ability is compromised by a health condition.
- Review patients’ medical history and asses their conditions and needs
- Assess, plan, organize, and participate in rehabilitative programs that help restore vocational, homemaking, and daily living skills, as well as general independence, to patients.
- Complete and maintain necessary records about the patient.
- Evaluate patients’ ability to do certain tasks; confer with physicians, patients and their families, nurses and other members of a patients care team.
- Develop a treatment plan for patients with specific goals and task that will help them meet those goals
- Evaluate patients’ progress and prepare reports that detail progress.
- Test and evaluate patients’ physical and mental abilities and analyze medical data to determine realistic rehabilitation goals for patients.
- Select activities that will help individuals learn work and life-management skills within limits of their mental and physical capabilities.
- Plan, organize, and conduct occupational therapy programs in hospital or institutional settings to help rehabilitate those impaired because of illness, injury or psychological or developmental problems.
- Recommend changes in patients’ work or living environments, consistent with their needs and capabilities.
- Develop and participate in health promotion programs, group activities, or discussions to promote client health, facilitate social adjustment, alleviate stress, and prevent physical or mental disability.
- Consult with rehabilitation team/Clinical Psychologist to select activity programs and coordinate occupational therapy with other therapeutic activities.
- Promotes maximum independence by selecting and constructing therapies according to individual’s physical capacity, intelligence level, and interest.
Requirements and Experience
- University Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience as an Occupational Therapist
- Experience in facilitating trainings.
- Applicants are expected to present proof of registration with their professional regulatory bodies and current practicing license.
- Administer and evaluate standardized assessments
- Select and oversee evidence-based interventions
- Effectively document the occupational therapy process in compliance with state and federal regulations
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Dedication to compliance and best practice
- Listening and collaboration
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: clinician[email protected] using the job title as subject of the email.
- Only individuals who have a high expectation of themselves and are driven to work above and beyond are welcome to apply.
- Delivery of professional and excellent services must be at your core.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted