- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience None
- Location Rivers
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
Location: Port-Harcourt, Rivers
Reporting to: Clinical Lead
To provide practical advice and solutions to enable people live full, satisfying and independent lives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake patient assessments of physical skills, communication skills, interactive skills and cognitive skills
- Select and modify the appropriate occupational therapy treatment model, method and approach to implement the process of interventions.
- Apply interventions to maximize safety and performance in activities of daily living (ADL) and instrumental activities of daily living (IADL).
- Teach clients new ways of approaching tasks and educate them on how to break down activities into achievable components.
- Establish realistic goals with the patient with meaningful outcomes
- Liaise with other professionals, such as doctors, psychologists, social workers, as well as patients’ families and caregivers.
- Keep up-to-date written and electronic records
- Write reports and care plans
- Attend multidisciplinary case meetings to plan and review ongoing treatment
- Refer patients to other specialists when needed
- Assess client’s home and other environments and advice on alterations consistent with their needs and capabilities.
- Recommend adaptive equipment and train in its use.
- Guide and educate family members and caregivers.
- Observe, note, and report on progress of long and short term treatment goals.
- Collect data and document processes followed.
- Contribute to the analysis, planning, audit, development and evaluation of clinical services
- Regularly follow-up client.
- Minimum of a B Sc. degree in occupational therapy, a Master’s degree would be an added advantage
- Proven working experience as Occupational Therapist.
- Valid licence to practice occupational therapy.
- Excellent knowledge of principles and practices of occupational therapy.
- Hands-on experience with computer programs and creative media.
- Familiarity with ADLs evaluation tools ( e.g. Katz ADL scale, Lawton IADL scale)
- Ability to manage patients with different types of personalities.
- Current knowledge of treatment practices per discipline and drive to continually learn and grow in the profession.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications and CVs to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: The subject of the email should be the job title – location e.g “Occupational Therapist – Port Harcourt” failure to abide by this would lead to automatic disqualification.