- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
- As a nurse, to provide quality care to neonates and identifies changes in a neonate’s signs and symptoms and intervenes in emergency situations.
- Provide support and assistance to new mothers including feeding advice and assistance with general parent crafting.
- Be available for “on call” roster as required to provide escort for midwifery patient requiring transfer or assistance if more than one patient in Delivery Suite.
- Provide quality nursing care that includes assessment, planning and evaluation of care.
- Performs physical examinations, such as measuring vitals, taking blood and urine samples, and ordering diagnostic tests
- Assist the surgeon and anaesthetist during the operation, anticipating their needs in order to facilitate their job
- Organise patient transportation from the Opearating Theatre to the recovery room and carry-out and/or supervise all the postoperative activities.
- Direct participation in surgical procedures;
- Assistance in clinical research and record keeping as required by the organisation
- Assess patients condition before surgery
- Control all equipment and material stock used in the Operating Theatre to ensure efficient and rational use of material resources
- Keep the operating room sterilized
- Position the patient on operating table
- Pass medical instruments to the surgeons during operation
- Demonstrate competency in professional and clinical skills.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and discharge planning for patients as required.
- To effectively and efficiently use ward equipment and supplies.
- To communicate effectively with patients, nursing colleagues and all members of the healthcare team
- Liaise with medical, allied health and other nursing staff to ensure continuity of patient care.
- Maintain interest and understanding of current trends in nursing and in the healthcare industry.
- Demonstrate a professional approach in regard to time keeping, appearance and behaviour.
- Excellence in customer service, facilitating relations with patients, extended families, friends and the broader community.
- Practices in accordance with the Deda Hospital’s Vision, Values and Core Objectives.
- Minimum 3 years post graduation experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Evidence of practical experience with Neonates.
- Knowledge of current issues, trends and research in acute services and maternity services and early years
- Fluency in Hausa Language will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Send CV only to [email protected] using REGISTERED NURSE as subject of email.