The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria – An International Development Organization is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: STTA Office Manager
Contract: Short-term for 6months
- The STTA Office Manager will be responsible for organizing all activities that facilitate the smooth running of the NLCB offices across Nigeria.
- H/She will maintain effective administrative system, which support the logistics and activities of the program, ensure that office equipment is maintained, relevant records are up to date and that all administration processes work effectively.
- In addition, H/She will support the program operations by maintaining office systems and supervise support staff. This position will be based in Abuja with limited travel
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Administrative Manager will report to the Operations Manager.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains and organize the office operations and procedures; designing and managing the inventory systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions (stationery, equipment & utility payments)
- Supervise technically and administratively the clerical/support staff (i.e. Logistics officers, IT Officers, Admin assistant, Cleaners, Drivers, etc throughout the NLCB Program.)
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment/stationary procurement and efficient IT services.
- Vendor Management & Office Administration (Adequacy of Stationary / Provisions / Refreshments / adequacy of Sub Staff) Courier & Dispatch (Inward / Outward / Outstation) / also making record of local maintaining).
- Co-ordination and maintenance of systems related to Housekeeping.
- Managing vendors and keeping track of cycle of all maintenance contracts.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing and managing budgets for office expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Reviewing and updating Health and Safety Policies and ensuring they are observed;
- Arranging regular testing for electrical equipment and safety equipment or devices
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintaining the condition of the office facilities and arranging for necessary repairs
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Coordinate and maintain the office fleet management and efficient use of project vehicles and other transport services in support of program objectives including monthly reviews of logbooks, mileage and fuel consumption.
- Review generator log sheets for Abuja and all field offices. Working with regional officers to retrieve and review log sheets to including running hours, fuel consumption and refueling procedures.
- Manage the coordination of travel bookings for the office – flights, hotel, airport pick up/drop off
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration / Management, Public Administration in a related field is required.
- Minimum of 6 years of general work experience and 4 years of related experience is required.
- 3 years of management experience is required.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North-Eastern part of Nigeria.
- Experience working on development funded programs be added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated administrative issues.
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates must submit the following documents to: [email protected] by the closing date above:
- A current Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all their work experience and qualifications; AND
- A cover letter
Note: Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
Application Deadline 13th July, 2020.