- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 – 2 years
- Location Niger
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Location: Jebba, Niger Reference No.: #MROJ00001
Location: Kainji, Niger Code: MROK00001
- The Medical Records Officer reporting to the Client Service Manager, will be responsible for organizing and evaluating patients’ health information and records.
- The Medical Records Officer will create new medical records for new patients and update existing ones with additional information to maintain accuracy.
- The incumbent will be charged with liaising with administrative and clinical units to collect patient information, issue medical files, filing medical records, and processing patient admission/discharge documents.
- The duties of the Medical Records Officer include; retrieving, filing, sorting, and managing records of patients so they are easily accessible to physicians and patients. The incumbent will also be responsible for inputting the patient’s information on Medic Plus and ensuring accuracy and timeliness of documentation.
- The Medical Records Officer will also be responsible for processing patient admissions and discharge paperwork, ensuring ease of patients
- Responsible for collecting new patients’ information and uploading on Medicplus as well as properly filing hard copy information.
- Protects the security of medical records and ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Manages the generation, preservation, and retrieval of medical records whenever they are needed.
- Ensure healthcare providers are kept abreast of patients’ medical conditions and outcomes as may be required from time to time.
- Review patients’ records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with regulations.
- Process patient admission or discharge documents.
- Enter data such as history and extent of illness, diagnostic procedures, or treatment into Medicplus where necessary.
- Manages and coordinates a system for safeguarding and updating active and inactive patient medical records.
- Responsible for the documentation of patient visits.
- Serves as an advisor on medical records policies.
- Maintains a referral tracking system to ensure proper follow-up of patient care referred for outside consultations and imaging services.
- Maintains accurate documentation of reasons why medical records are not accessible with proper terminology for accounting and statistical purposes.
- Obtains documentation requested by healthcare professionals, such as test results that are not yet filed in medical records.
- Follows procedures, protocols, and rules to perform job duties while adhering to Cedarcrest regulations and policies.
- Resolve or clarify issues relating to conflicting diagnoses, missing, or unclear medical information by consulting with Doctors.
- Compile monthly medical statistical reports for statutory bodies.
- Ensure elaborate medical records are available for HMO patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- B.Sc/HND in Health Information Management, Business Administration, or any related field.
- 1- 2 years of administrative experience.
- Excellent in MS Office and EMR usage.
- Advanced understanding of medical terminology and administration processes.
- Proficient in information management programs and MS Office.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
- Committed to responsibilities while adhering to ethical principles and remaining sensitive to diversity.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using Position Title and Code as the subject of their email application.