- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 4 – 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
An insurance brokage firm licensed for both life and general insurance with over a decade brokage experience requires a Managing Director
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the company
- People Strategic Management and ensuring business growth and developmen
- Increases managemenfs effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Gaining new business by identifying and exploiting opportunities in the local market.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with clients, primarily insurance company and distributors.
- Increasing profitability of existing product lines by encouraging clients to use added value services wherever possible.
- Ensuring credibility with clients by maintaining detailed knowledge of current market conditions and competitors’ products;
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, govemment, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Provide leadership and vision to the organization by assisting the Board and staff with the development of long range and annual plans and with the evaluation and reporting of progress on plans.
- Direct and coordinate organization’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by management.
For you to apply for the role:
- Applicants should follow all our social media handles: Instagram/Linkedn/Facebook – apsarkounting.Also note include your social media handle on your cv
- A good first degree in any Management course (minimum of second class lower) from a reputable tertiary institution
- An MBA or any other higher degree will be an added advantage
- Professional qualification(s) in insurance e.g CIIN etc
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the insurance sector Managerial working experience-life and general ,reinsurance experience would be an advantage
- Applicants should be between 35 & 40 years of age
- Leadership, business and interpersonal proficiency
- Ability to set up and deliver on business targets, plans
- Excellent negotiator and business leader
- Self-directed, flexible and tactical
- High quality communication and presentation dexterity
- Good computer and technology skills
- Puts the interests of the company and its clients first