- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 6 – 10 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Research / Data Analysis
Role Name: Manager, MIS (Business Reporting & Analytics)
Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Lagos Nigeria
The role will support the CFO on financial planning, budgets, forecasts, rolling forecasts, analytics, and monthly business reporting for Nigeria.
CORE FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the CFO in driving the budget preparation & business reporting processes.
- Preparation of annual budgets and forecasts including rolling forecasts and long-term financial projections.
- Work on financial models to support the business planning and forecasting processes.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly & annual management reporting. Preparations of the monthly management reporting packs (MRP).
- Preparation of departmental business performance reporting and analytics.
- Data analytics & extractions from the accounting and operation software. Work on variance and ratio analytics of accounting & statistical data. Work on metrics and trend analysis that deliver key insights for critical decision-making.
- Preparation of detailed revenue reports and customers’ portfolio analytics.
- Provide analysis and documentation to support external audit process and internal controls testing.
- Working closely with the accounting team to support the monthly closing process, which may include preparing and managing accruals schedules etc. Assist in the continuous controlling of accounting transactions to ensure the integrity of the accounting records.
- Assist in ensuring adherence to approval limits of expenses.
- Be comfortable with delivering on quick deadlines / Other ad-hoc reporting, analysis and other tasks as may be needed to support business objectives.
- Relationship Management & Other Tasks
- Relate with various departmental heads & staff to obtain relevant data & info.
- Carry out any further tasks for which your qualifications & experience are suited and as may be directed by the CFO.
- Financial Controller
- Billing & Credit Control Managers
- Accounting staff members
- Other departmental heads & staff
- As the need may arise
2. TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Master’s degree; MSc or MBA with specialisation in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Analytics.
- At least one of (i) CIMA, (ii) ACCA or (iii) a master’s degree in Accounting or Finance or Quantitative Analysis or Management Accounting. (iv) FMVA will be an advantage
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Good accounting analytical skills; variances, ratios, trend, commentaries etc.
- Ability to work with & analyse big financial & statistical data.
- Advanced MS-Excel & modelling skills are desirable.
- Ability to use presentation tools such power points and Corel draw will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of accounting and accounting standards; IFRS.
- Good at using accounting software. ORACLE is an added advantage.
- 6-10 years of accounting, finance & analytics work experience. Last 2-3 years should particularly be in FP&A.
- Experience in a Big Four Accounting Firm or a Blue-Chip Multinational is required.
- Experience in healthcare sector (Hospital or HMO) is an added advantage.
- Good level of professional ethics
- Trustworthiness / Honesty / Integrity
- Dedication / Proactiveness / Self-Motivation.