Company: Aza Finance
Number of Slot: 1
Specialization: Executive / Management
Work Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: 7-10 years
Aza Finance (Formerly Known as Bipesa) is an established provider of currency trading solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Manager – Channel Management
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- The Channel Management team is at the heart of realizing AZA’s mission. We are building genuine and durable partner relationships around our infrastructure to delight our customers and redefine the industry. Data-driven and operationally savvy, the Manager-Channel Management, is motivated above all by opportunities to maintain and expand the existing banking and FinTech relationships, relentlessly seeking to leverage operational success into long-term partnerships to help achieve revenue growth targets.
- This role is open to candidates in Lagos with good written and verbal skills in English. The job holder will support strategic partner relationships in Africa, Europe, Middle East, Asia and North Africa. He/she will report to the Head of Treasury.
How your skills and passion will come to life at AZA:
- Nurture and grow long term, strategic partner relationships with banks and FinTech worldwide (Africa, Europe, Middle East, Asia & North America). Focus on building strong and collaborative relationships with key contacts while being accountable for corridor performance and incident management. Further, the Manager – Channel Management is expected to develop over time a vision on strategic priorities for the all corridors in support of the efforts to retain business and drive new opportunities.
- Ownership of partner on-boarding and partner go-live phases; i.e. handover/communication to the different departments involved, training to internal teams and testing activities to provide a new fully operative corridor.
- Define corridor performance metrics in collaboration with treasury operations, account management, partnerships and finance departments. Constantly benchmark the figures against best in the market standards.
- Monitor metrics to improvement of corridor and channel performance. Monitor and improve the performance of existing corridors (pay-in & pay-out partners) by working closely with internal teams and external partners (direct sales, product / tech integration, treasury ops, finance, regulatory/compliance teams).
- Act as a point of escalation for infrastructure issues, solving problems and incidents, including sensitive topics. Own day-to-day fire resolution between partners and internal teams (treasury Ops, account management, partnerships, finance). Determine the root cause of issues, suggest optimal solutions, prioritize them and execute together both with internal teams & partners.
- Lead a multicultural distributed team to deliver the most value to our customer.
- Review regularly individuals’ performance and recommend actions for improvement; building, shaping and developing a world-class team.
Your skills and competencies:
- Team leadership: Previous experience in managing, mentoring and scaling sales teams in various jurisdictions.
- Collaboration and stakeholder management: Ability to work, collaborate and engage with Senior management within corporates / fintech / banks.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize immediate, short-term goals and simultaneously focus on strategic, long-term goals.
- Strategic thinking, and ability to execute, to achieve operational excellence in the face of challenging goals.
What we are looking for:
- Seasoned professional with at least 8 years of experience in Channel management or managing partners relationship in Africa, Europe, Middle East, Asia and North Africa (ideally in B2B cross-border payments, money transfer, mobile money, treasury management, FX risk management). Preferably someone who has worked as a Manager -Channel Management for 3-4 years in a financial ecosystem or Fintech.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Management or Business Administration or any other related course.
- Minimum 3-4 years supporting, leading and managing a diverse team.
- Excellent communication skills, empathy and relationship building.
- Must possess strong planning, organizing and customer service skills, along with the ability to develop processes and procedures to improve effectiveness.
- Global understanding of the banking and FinTech ecosystem, ability to gather and analyse data to measure and improve the performance of partners.
- Ability to work in a high-energy, fast-paced environment and collaborate with other internal teams to achieve strong results.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Leadership skills to steer a remote team in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities.
- Commitment to constant and never-ending improvement.
- Ability to effectively challenge and clarify process and bureaucracy to reduce ambiguity and achieve goals quickly.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Casual work environment.
- Great work -life balance.
- We value autonomy.
- Opportunity for growth for all employees.
- Opportunity to work hard and play hard.