- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 – 2 years
- Location Not specified
- Job Field Logistics
A building material company and a major distributor for notable cement factories in Nigeria is looking for a suitable candidate to work as a logistics officer in their company.
The core function of this role is to provide proper management of all the vehicles, monitor procurement and expansion of client base for the Logistics/Material business.
- To be responsible for all the vehicles owned by the organization
- To see to the proper functioning and maximum productivity and profitability of all the vehicles
- To make sure servicing is carried out as at when due and also all documents (papers) relating to the proper operation of the vehicle are up to date.
- To see to the efficiency of all the vehicles
- To be the representative (face) of the company on matters of logistic with the drivers and anywhere such is required.
- To see to the engagement and disengagement (when necessary) of Drivers
- To see to repairs, purchase and replacement of parts. Negotiating and getting the best price bargain for the company.
- Ensure that materials needed are available on site as at when due.
- Maintain and sustain relationship with existing clients and ensure that the company is a trusted supplier for their needs and explore new customer relationship.
- Address all operational issues with customers and ensure their demand is dispatched as scheduled
- To explore more opportunities within the business
- To grow the customer base of the business
- To see to the overall profitability of the business
Qualifications and Criteria
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 1-2 years experience in Operations or Logistics
- Applicant should be between the ages of 28-30
- Ability to interact well with clients and partners
- Strong intuition for technology, both web, and mobile
- Experience managing teams and personalities
- Some project management experience
- Previous experience working for a startup
Working Hours: 8-6pm
Location: Abule Egba
The Total Package is #50,000 per month alongside with commission on meeting the target performance of trucks.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.