Legal and Compliance Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 6 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Law / Legal
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies.
- Providing legal advice and support on a wide range of legal activities.
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously.
- Drafting and negotiating simple and complex contracts including but not limited to those related to Financial Technology, MFB, Telecommunication, payments and data privacy.
- Advising on general business law issues and managing the legal issues of all areas of the company, including but not limited to corporate matters, procurement, safety, security, insurance and sustainability issues.
- Represent the department as required in liaison with the Country Manager / business units.
- Ethics and Compliance and governance services.
- Cooperation with the other members of the legal department.
- To anticipate and manage the (legal) risks connected with or resulting from the business strategy and operations.
- To secure compliance of business operations with relevant laws and regulations.
- To pro-actively create and maintain awareness of business employees for (compliance with) relevant laws and regulations.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work under deadlines.
- Revise procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues.
- Draft, modify and implement company policies
- Collaborate with corporate counsels and HR departments to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations
- Assess the business’s future ventures to identify possible compliance risks
- Review the work of colleagues when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control.
- Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate.
- Advising on legal risks, business strategies and other issues related to the Company’s businesses.
- Draft and review all company’s documents.
- Proven experience working in the Legal and compliance position.
- Strong legal experience in corporate and commercial matters.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry’s (FINTECH) standards and regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping.
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality.
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities.
- An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- LL.B / BL .
- Certified compliance professional is a plus.
- Mix of professional experience as in-house counsel in a Fintech company in Nigeria and legal counsel in a top tier law firm.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below.