Company: Netcom Africa
Number of Slot: 1
Specialization: Information Technology / ICT
Work Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: 3-5 years
Netcom has been Nigeria’s leading Internet Service Provider since 2004, staying ahead of the competition with cutting edge platforms in VSAT, WIMAX, Radio, and Fiber technology. Now, a pioneer in Business Transformation Solutions, we empower organizations to lead their market space by keeping pace with the rapid changes in IT innovations, ensuring relevance to specific business initiatives required to maximize revenue generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Information Systems Support Engineer
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- The position of Information Systems Engineer is designed to provide day to day configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting and operation support of secure enterprise data center, infrastructure, platform, systems and devices allowing internal and external users to connect and work on the enterprise network
- It includes the continuous development and maintenance of procedures and administrative records.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Domain Account creation and maintenance.
- Exchange Management.
- Server installation, commissioning, and provisioning.
- AD-based Information and Data management.
- Hardware, software and application support for workstations, printers, and other end-user devices.
- Installation and troubleshooting Windows and Linux OS and applications.
- Backup and restore operations, administration and reporting.
- Maintaining ICT systems databases and documentation.
- Any other duties from time to time as delegated by superior and/or required by the organization.
- Assist in security-related issues including Kaspersky, Sophos and any other security apparatus.
- Perform system hardware/software/network installation, setup, configuration and administration for internal use or for clients.
- Provide system support to project teams and users.
- Support internal system and network day-to-day operation and administration, including cloud, VM, server, and other platforms.
- Troubleshoot server and related issues.
- Coordinate and work with partners and other teams meet project delivery requirement.
Educational and Professional Qualifications
- Graduate Degree in an ICT related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in ICT Information Systems implementation and support, in a medium to large-scale organization.
- Trainings and/or certifications by accredited ICT (online) school, college or institute.
- Microsoft Certified Professional and/or Technology Specialist for Windows Server Administrator, Applications, (Network) Infrastructure, Active Directory Configuration.
Essential Skills / Knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience regarding server and storage, network, business applications, Microsoft Operating Systems, ICT hardware concepts, and Microsoft Exchange environment troubleshooting and support.
- Thorough technical knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Exchange, LAN/WAN environments, including server installation and configuration, software and hardware support in a variety of packages.
- Experience and ability to support remote servers and users.
- Ability to work in a team, multicultural environment and under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Methodical approach to problem-solving including documentation.
- Communication skills: good communication and interpersonal skills, allowing to coordinate with team members in project management, security, asset management, customer service, or help desk departments.
- Leadership skills: capability to evaluate the progress of team members and provide guidance and instruction to help teams solve problems and manage projects.
- Analytical skills: Conflict resolution, analytical, and decision-making skills, including project management.
Desirable Skills / Knowledge:
- Good understanding of systems engineering methodology and practices.
- Solid understanding of project life cycle management.